Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 or interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  18:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry for the questions but im very confused. i have looked into bankruptcy and think it be the best for me.im scared for the court bit but the or interview, can anyone tell what happens and how long it last.

please help me

Delboy

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  20:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

Don't worry about the court or the OR interview, the court staff when I went BR in June were great, OR will most likely interview you over the phone, have a copy of your SoA with you and just answer any questions honestly, and you won't go wrong.

Regards

Delboy
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  20:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks delboy as you can tell im a little worried, not only for the court but also if my husband gets a bit funny with me going bankrupt( we have decided to split) i just want to be able to get on with my life hopefully worry free.
Go to Top of Page

Delboy

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  20:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

I understand your concerns, as will everyone on this forum who is BR, but as i say be open and honest with your dealings with the court and OR and you really will be OK, my judge was very nice and talked about all sorts of things to do with BR and gave me a few tips into the bargin.

I hope things work out for you.

Regards

Delboy
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
once again delboy thanks, this site has answered my questions much better than other helplines i have phoned. i am going to do this next month so it gives me time to get the forms filled in correctly.do you know if i can move while in bankruptcy as once i leave house i will be abck with parents in scarborough, also ex-husband to be and i are happy to give up the house would the or deal with this.
Go to Top of Page

Delboy

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

Yes you can move just make sure that the address on the court forms is as up to date as possible when you submit them, as for the house I am no expert, it depends on equity or the lack of it. If negative equity or less than 1K then OR will probably not be that interested in it, but I suspect one of the experts on the forum can answer that one for you.

Don't forget that should you move after made BR then this can affect your income and expenditure and you should keep OR informed of any changes, up or down, also consider if this is the best move, what I mean is that if you have more disposable income the OR will want some of it, it's more expensive not to live with parents if you see what I mean.

Regards

Delboy
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me again, i will have to move in with parents as i cant afford to rent but may not be able to find job with the same salary as i have now, will this effect the bankruptcy.
Go to Top of Page

Delboy

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

OK, all you need to do is keep the OR up to date with where you are living, so they can contact you, and keep them informed with your income & Expenditure, so long as you do this you will be fine.

Just as a point of interest is Ex-husband to be going BR as well, as your mortgage and any joint debts are as they say 'joint and several' this means that if you are BR then you will be able to walk away from the debts without any problems, but unless ex-hubbie is also BR then they will chase him to the end of the world to recover their losses.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards

Delboy
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ex-husband to be is abit reluctant to go bankrupt himself, he does know that if i go bankrupt then he gets the rest of the debt all of which is mostly on the house. he is so laid back about everything and i dont think he has got advice yet like me,does he need to go bankrupt with me or can i do it on my own if he doesnt want to accept that this is going to help the situtation
Go to Top of Page

Delboy

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

You can do it on your own, depending on your relationship you might tell him you might not, but you don't need his help, permission or anything to do it just the £495 in fee's.

Regards

Delboy
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  21:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks delboy you have been a big help, i will post again when i have done it.

thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2008 :  22:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah, I have a hubbie who is so laid back he is virtually horizontal. I would sithim down and spell everything out to him, that way he has the chance to start afresh too. For some reason, my husband thinks that if you tell the creditors to go away then they will?!?! As if!

Good luck with everything and try not to worry too much, you will be okay.......I promise.

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 07 August 2008 :  06:22:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks drowning mummy, you sound just like me but i have no kids which is a blessin really. the ex husband to be will no accept the fact that going bankrupt will help us get a fresh start.we will not make any money from selling house so not worries there, but what is bugging him is that he has a car which is in his name and he cant afford it cos of the house loan that he pays, he doesnt want to loose the car and wouldnt sell it, therefore ended up he has lost his wife because i dont to be in relationship where a car comes before the wife and their home. so im going bankrupt on my own and hope this will give the fresh start i so much want, i will be moving to scarborough back in with parents when things are under way. like i said before im worried what his parents will say ot do as we live on the next street to them and they can be hostle, do you think the or will allow me to move.

thanks

Edited by - sarah.m on 07 August 2008 06:23:48
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 August 2008 :  10:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,
I thought i would add a bit to this and just to give you my take on it.
Dont lose sleep over him, he is a grown man and can make his own choices. If he wants to stay as is then well when you have gone BR you start your new debt free life he may well then realise when the letters come for him to cough up fors yours and his debts that he has lost out on something good.
I went BR on monday this week and to be honest like you i was well nervous the folks on here helped me loads and i also used the online site to fill in my forms and when i has any questions about the form i asked on here, and hey presto you get the advice you need.
I dont know if you know the site but its less stressfull than writing them out its the following if you want it
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/index.htm
You take care and dont be scared, i know its easy for me to say but take it in your stride and keep posting!
LOL
Jo

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 07 August 2008 :  21:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone for all your advice i will filling in forms soon and phoning the court for a appointment, hopefully it will all be over soon.

this site has been a big big help and i know where to come if i have any more questions

i have one more question can the mortgage and loan company try and take money from me and how will the OR take off me when i get a job when i move

Edited by - sarah.m on 07 August 2008 21:57:15
Go to Top of Page

sarah.m

214 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2008 :  06:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all im back again. Can anyone tell how the OR works out how much you have to pay in the ipa and do you always get one of these. As you know once i have been made bankrupt i have to move and find another job will this effect the bankruptcy, i know i may have asked this question before but i need to be sure before i file the papers

many thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page