Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 will I end up in prison, I am so worried.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2008 :  18:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Veryworried,

The only person who can make the decsion as to what to tell or do is you, I know that is no comfort in your hour of need but sometimes it is a case of "Honesty is the best policy".
I dont know what else to say, I just wish that I could give you better advice on where you would stand but I cant and that is totally up to you now.
The OR will do there best to sort out what happened for it to come to BR and so they will delve where they need to, I know im not quite in the same boat as you with regard to your income dilema but at the end of the day its all in your court, so to speak.
I just want to wish you well in whatever you decide to do, and that you may endeavour to keep us up to date, thats if you want too.

Take good care of yourself we are all here no matter what you decide or what happens. A problem shared is a problem halved.

JO :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"

You can read my blog here:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/2008/08/24/my-debt-free-future/

Edited by - Needafriend on 25 August 2008 18:42:53
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2008 :  19:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again,
Opinion only again, but No I do not think you will go to prison.
Also if it were me, then I would not mention the job, however as Jo rightly says honesty is the best policy, but it may also drag you further down in this instance.
maybe tell the OR that you had planned to work again? thats why you continued with the debt. I really dont know, I dont want to encourage you to lie, but I equally dont want you sitting at home fretting and crying when there are far worse crimes in the world. Once again as Jo rightly says, only you can make that decision. Good luck.

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  05:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here I am again, it is 5.00 am and I have been awake for 2 hours, doesn't solve any problems though! I think the best thing to do is to ask my boss to put me on the payroll, at least that makes everything above board and I won't have to hide anything. As for the £10,000 loan, this was from the Halifax and I have used it to pay off my Halifax Visa and Halifax Overdraft, so in actual fact it has gone into the same pot, if you see what I mean.
I have destroyed all my credit cards now but will probably have to live off my overdraft for the next 3/4 months, I am still worried about the bigger purchases though, I have read that they go back 12 months, I don't think I want to live like this for the next 12 months, but can just about stick it out until the New Year.
I willl try and grab another hours sleep, although I doubt whether I will be able to. Still I only have myself to blame.
Thank you for listening.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  09:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey veryworried,
We understand where your coming from, dont beat yourself up over it, lifes too short and certainly not worth it.
Your doing the right thing for you, make the 3 payments if you can and then start the BR process.
Glad to hear CC have been cut up, that will look good on the SoA as when they ask how it has been since last used it will be over 3 months.
Please try and relax, things will come together eventually, and in a few months time you will be sat there thinking to yourself "What on earth was i worrying about, it was not as bad as you thought".
I always say there is light at the end of the tunnel and your getting closer. Be strong and it will come right in the end.
TTFN
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"

You can read my blog here:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/2008/08/24/my-debt-free-future/
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  13:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was hoping to BR in December but I have just had letter from bank to say that my first payment on loan doesn't go out until the 1st Nov. What would the worst scenario be if I went BR sooner? I know you have strongly advised me to make 3 payments but I just want to get it all over and done with, am having too many sleepless nights. I think I would have gone doodle alley without this forum!!
Sandie
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  13:58:25  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sandie,

You need to wait unfortunately. Taking out credit without making any payments back will be seen as fraud.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  16:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to keep on but would that mean a criminal offence or a BRO?
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  16:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, I am running up more debts just by day to day living with an increasing overdraft, so in 3 months time the situation will be worse.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  18:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi VW

I can see where your coming from as obviously you have to live and your BR date is not for ages.

I dont think debt is a criminal offence but it will be seen as a being a bit naughty if you end up making matters a lot lot worse by the time of BR. If you only use minimal and can explain that might help your case but it will still mean that the OR could impose the BRU or BRO.

Im not 100% sure if that info is correct but thats how i understand it, but i wanted to say keep your chin up. it will come good in the end.

Be strong mate.

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  18:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your message Jo, does that mean that living off debt now will make matters worse and the OR will give me a BRO anyway? if that is the case I might as well do it sooner and get it over with, I just don't see what else I can do even if I cut down as much as possible and Xmas is creeping up as well, aaaarrrggghh!!! Think I'll hibernate, I am feeling so tearful.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  19:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would if you can and maybe if it is done sooner rather than later and if you can afford the fees then it may help to clear your head.
It would certainly help to ease some of the worries that you have now but its down to you.
We can help with the form filling etc.
Take care mate

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Edited by - Needafriend on 07 October 2008 19:38:56
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  20:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo, I think I am just having a bad day, it is 2 years today since my partner died and I just feel that everything is getting on top of me,and I am so scared I will get prosecuted if I go BR now, what with the loan and everything, I just don't know what to do for the best. Sorry to moan so much. x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  20:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its ok MW,

I am sorry to hear that today has brought back those memories.
Can you actually come up with the fee now and apply for the BR.
Like i said we are all here for you, whatever your question. You can moan away, i know i do :-)

Its a great place to let of some steam.

Keep posting mate

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  20:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can find the fee somehow, but I am worried what Julian said about being accused of fraud, that is the only thing that is putting me off. x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  21:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you actually spoken to them on there number?

Jo x

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page