Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Cable customer, want to be with sky! (CHEAPER)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

demmidot04

177 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2008 :  16:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was recently a BT customer, and a sky subscriber (nothing fancy, just the basic package £35 pcm)

Until i had a fault on my line and BT came out and found the fault which was the cable had been cut in half and bodged back together. I took it up with the council and they told me tough basically, it had benn too long ago for them to take responsibility!!!!! (even though it was obvious) as the wires were stuffed in a hole where the council had done there work!

Due to council workers re-wiring my property, i ended up with a £280 bill from BT, which i could not pay. So i had to switch to Cable (virgin) which is more expensive, without having the tv too. £40 pcm for basic BB and Talk unlimited.

What would be the possibility of switching back to BT in my partners name and having sky again? would it look bad to the OR? Even though i want to do it to save money each month.

I have 4 children all still at school and Internet is a god send for homework and keeping them entertained.

Could i add the remainder of the virgin contract on to my SOA and have it cleared with the BR? I have never missed a payment to virgin.

Any advise welcome thanks

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2008 :  17:22:49  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Demmidot04,

Things like Sky are deemed a luxury item by the OR and not an allowable expenditure. Having said that, you do get some "wiggle room" and most prople are able to keep it.

Only if you declare a disposable income in excess of £100 a month will the OR look to take anything from you moving forward. This should cover things like Sky.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

demmidot04

177 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2008 :  17:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julian, due to the fact i am on Benefits, would you think it would be ok? My DI is approx £0-£15 pcm while i am with virgin

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2008 :  17:30:14  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Demmidot04,

As without that expenditure you'd still fall below the £100 pm minimum for an IPA, you should be fine.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page