Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 would my husbands house be effected?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

info234

165 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  10:56:59  Show Profile  Visit info234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do not own a house, the house I live in is in my husbands name only would this be effected? also the car I have my husband paid for but the log book is in my name would this be effected? I have no income because my business had to be closed down after a serious accident last year. I have debts from the business which include a bank loan, overdraft and a supplier debt which I am in the middle of arguing over due to the fact that I disagree with the amount they are asking for and they have failed to prove that the amount they request is due. What are my best options at this stage.

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  11:37:20  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Info234 and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, whilst the house is in your husband's sole name, the OR may argue that you have developed a proprietry interest as you would have been contributing to the mortgage. It's a difficult one to argue as to the percentage. How long has he had the house? How long have you been married and lived there together? What percentage of the household expenditure were you covering?

With regard the car, the registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner. Can you provide any evidence (bank statements etc) to show the OR that your husband paid for the car?

It is very difficult to say at this stage what your best options are. Have you tried speaking to one of my colleagues on the helpline for some free advice?

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page