Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 where is ians?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scared

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  12:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ians - Just wondered where you are? How is life treating you since you have moved into rental, etc? Missing your posts!!

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  13:05:13  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too :)

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  21:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you 2 u r so silly ians is now C.G. Derr!

LOL

Keep Smiling
Jo :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  21:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha we're still here!!

Thanks for asking about us though, scared!! We're doing ok...getting ready for BR NEXT WEDS!!! Aaaargh!

CG. (aka ians!!) x
Go to Top of Page

harbourmaster

346 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  21:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, we are next wed also!!!
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  22:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Harbourmaster,

I think I read that the other day. Scary, isn't it?! Aaargh!

CG. x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  22:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck CG and HM

For your appts next weds. U will be fine.

Keep Smiling

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated blog here:
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  14:01:15  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best of luck!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  14:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks both of you.

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions before then though so watch out! ;-)

CG. x

Edited by - BankruptC on 06 September 2008 14:03:32
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  14:17:47  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We'll be here for you!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

scared

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  14:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CG - sorry, didn't realise you had changed your name. Good luck for next Wednesday. You will be fine. It was actually the least scary time in the whole process for us. I mean, I was nervous beforehand, but afterwards wondered what I made all the fuss about.

I think I remember you saying you were handing the keys back to your property. Did you also have a secured loan? We are going to do the same thing. Have found a property to rent (really nice landlord who knows our situation) and have paid the deposit. Hopefully move in on 1st October. Our secured lender has written to say that they will start proceedings if the full amount isn't received by 1st October. Have you heard anything from your secured lenders (if you have any)?

Good luck again and keep us posted as to how you get on!!
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  15:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi scared,

Thanks for the reassurance. I actually feel strangely calm about it all at the moment. I think it's because we've been thinking and talking about it for what seems like ages now, it's almost like we've already done it (if that makes sense!) I have to admit I'm worried about the OR interview and what they'll say to us, but we'll get through it and we'll be ok.

Yes you're right, we're planning to hand the keys back soon. We're in rented accommodation now and it's lovely. Our landlord doesn't know our situation, but we've spoken to the lettings agents who feel there will be no problem with us being allowed to stay after BR. They just said that no landlord would want a house to be empty and as log as we keep paying there should be no problem.

We do have a secured loan and have been getting letters at the old house (we keep going back to collect the post). They are just the usual 'you haven't paid, get in touch NOW' type letters' Wehave told them of our intentions though so they know what's going on.

Glad to hear you've found a nice place to live with an understanding landlord. When do you plan to move out? Will it be before the secured lender gets chance to take action?

Hope it works out for you too hon. Keep in touch!!

CG. x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  15:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Julian-I missed your post!!

Thank you very much-I don't know how I'd have even got thisfar without this site. It really has been a godsend for us so far and I know it will continue to be post BR.

I hope I can give a little back to others going through the same thing too-even more so once I'm BR myself and have been through it.

CG. x
Go to Top of Page

scared

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  15:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CG - thanks for that. I know what you mean about feeling calm. We felt terrible right up until the decision to go BR was made but we are quite calm now.

The OR interview was not too bad. We had telephone interviews (OH first and then mine). The OR was professional, not judgmental. We had an expensive two week holiday in April this year and I said I felt a bit ashamed about taking this holiday and he said there was nothing to be ashamed about. The OR cannot be judgmental. After all, he has interviews day after day and I think it must get all a bit mundane after a while. I'm sure he sees a lot worse cases than ours.

Saying all that, it doesn't stop making me feel like a naughty child when I am speaking to the OR. He called me at work a couple of weeks ago and said that one of my loans hadn't been included on my SOA!!! I was mortified, as I had gone through the SOA time and time again and had not noticed that this loan wasn't on the list!!! He said that this increased my debt significantly and all I could say was sorry. It was an accident, after all, but I felt like I had been called to the headmaster's office for a good telling off!

We are hoping that we will have enough time to move at our leisure (and not all on one day in a mad dash). So, fingers crossed.

We will keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2008 :  16:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Scared

Nice to hear from you and that your life is on the up at last.

I dont know about you but it feels like ages since we went BR and time is going by so quickly.

Anyhow keep on posting sometimes, i have emailed you.

Take care

And Remember To Keep Smiling

You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2008 :  18:52:33  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi CG,

Thank you for your kind words ... we're looking forward to your continued presence and support.

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page