Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 chq cashing services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  18:01:02  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi , has anyone who has gone BR had experience or used these chq cashing companies that are in existence , such as Money Shop or Cash Express , for payday advance loans ?? . It involves post-dated chqs .
If you go BR before the chq is banked is the creditor the chq cashing company or the bank the chq is drawn upon guaranteed by a chq card
Would welcome any thoughts

WINCHESTER78

248 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2008 :  19:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im no expert but my chain of thought here would be;

1) You post dated the cheque(s) as a form of repayment for a loan.This would be the same as any other loan-- from a bank for example -- instead of writing the cheques the bank would setup a direct debit.When the BR order is stamped the loan from both the Cheque cashing shop and our 'bank' would become unenforceable.

2)The bank wont pay the cheque as the account would be frozen.

3)Tell the OR from the start everything, so that any allegations that you wrote the cheques after you were made BR arnt made.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2008 :  20:27:03  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi , thanks for your thoughts . As far as i can understand it the bank would still have to honour the chq as it is guaranteed , even after the account has been frozen . Can anyone confirm that ?
As for the possible allegations re chqs been wrote after BR i still have the credit agreement i signed for the cash with the date i cashed them clearly printed , so hopefully that would not be an issue
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  07:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Digman

I would have thought once frozen nothing will be allowed through, my bank have written and confirmed that the facilities to pay anything have been withdrawn and also the OR asked us for our check book so that any payments made after the date of BR cannot be made.
If that makes sense. Otherwise your debt will be increasing all the time. Post BR.

And Remember To Keep Smiling
Jo :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  18:01:41  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Digman,

The bottom line here is that issuing cheques (even if guaranteed) knowing there are insufficient funds to cover them is actually classified as fraud.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Youngandstupid

141 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  21:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Many years ago i used this service and although the cheques were garuanteed, money wasnt in my account to let them clear [not intentional] and the bank DID NOT pay them.
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  21:48:17  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that bit of info . I have been to bank today and been up front with them as to what will be presented and when and basically they said i did right in letting them know . They seem to think depending on certain things they can refuse payment on some of them . Will have to see how things go from here , but the BALL has certainly started to roll .
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  09:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck Digman. LOL

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page