Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 can someone give me some thought splease
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

martinst

139 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  00:42:06  Show Profile  Visit martinst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
with personal debts amounting to a total of around £100,000, and a joint mortgage outstanding of around £105,000, i have around £45,000 of equity in my home.very shortly i will not be able to pay my debts, is the only answer for me bankruptcy ?
I am very stressed, having sleepless losing weight,not eating etc.
I have only told my wife about my debts a week ago, which has devestated her,.I feel ashamed i should have told her earlier and i now feel she now has no respect for me. We have been together for 19 years and untill now very happy together.My debts are an accumilation of CC debts & loans (which was not spent willy nilly, i have not got a big house, flashy car or go on expensive holidays.i have supplemented my income whilst running a business thinking next month will be better!but it never is, so ive ceased trading and waiting for my payments to come on which should last me around 3 months)I have recently wondered what is life all about,at the moment i get really emotional about anything, i need to be strong but feel i have got nothing left in me. It has took me till now to tell my wife how bad things are, when deep down i knew they wern,t geting any better and i was getting deeper in debt around 2 years ago. My wife works part time and has to go on with this as though nothing has happened and my kids know there is something wrong, but we havn,t said anything.Not sure which way to turn now.
Sorry if i am deppressing anyone and i could write forever.
Just need someone who maybe been in similar situation to give me some info as to how i can handle this situation i have got myself and my family into. This has got to be the lowest point i have ever been in my life.

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  07:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Martinst,

It may be worth your while giving John or Julian a call, that way they can go through all the options u will have over the phone.

I too had many debts jointly and of course not but over time they just get out of control and no matter what i did it was not going away. Eventually we did go BR in Aug this year and for us it was the best ever as now we can look to a positive and fresh start again.

We realised that the lies and the debts had dragged us to the bottom and we felt there was no way out, i could not sleep, there was not enough to pay all the debts everymonth and we were living on fresh air to feed 5 of us.

If you decide BR or any other route is right for you then we are all here for you no matter what.

The number is free and its at the top but please remember that your not alone and we are there for you.

Take care and good luck, keep posting too.

And Remember To Keep Smiling
Jo :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Edited by - Needafriend on 09 September 2008 07:23:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page