Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 what sort of things will the OR ask?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jude

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  21:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me what sort of things the OR will ask in the face to face interview. I am reading all the threads about how long the interviews are and I am freaking out!!

harbourmaster

346 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  22:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jude
I have just replied to this exact question on another thread.

Edited by - harbourmaster on 16 September 2008 22:27:54
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  08:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jude

They tend to ask basic details like when did troubles start, what debts were used for, what assets you have, your income and expenditure, all the things you listed on your statment of affairs they just ask in more depth.

I would not worry to much, the examiner is only human as is the OR that will deal with the rest of the paperwork.

I know its easy for me to say as i have done mine. They will also mention about things that will be exempt, a tip i found was i wrote down all the questions i wanted to ask at the interview and as we were going through the form i ticked them off, otherwise i forget and then i would kick myself as i did not ask.
We did not get to know what our exempt things were or the I&E at time of interview but we did feel relaxed and at ease and did not feel like we were on trial.

Good luck you will be fine. :-)

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  08:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i should have mentioned that my one was a telephone interview but i would imagine that a face to face will be pretty much the same.

In a way i wish mine had been face to face but we had the telephone one as i said, i think they are more personal that way as in face to face and i would have been able to express our selves better.

As i have said it will be fine, stay calm and try not to panic, soon be over with. :-)

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page