Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 advise re SoA questions please ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  21:59:34  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could any one please advise re these SoA questions please ?

1 . in the assets section where it says freehold land & property , do we put our home address ?
2. in the assets section again , we have a life policy that pays out only on the death of either party . Is its value nil or do we put in the amount the payout would be . it has no cash in value at any time other than on death
3. on the list of secured creditors , we have a scooter on HP do we put the address of the local office or the head office address which is stated on the agreement ?
4.on the list of unsecured creditors , for our banks name on the loan / overdraft do we put the local branch address or the head office address ?
5. on the bank account & cards section , if we have cut them up do we still list them as in our posession ? and if so which address do we put down again ? the local branch or head office ?
6. in the employment section , where it asks for personnel dept address do we put the store address ( large supermarket ) or the head office address ?
7. in the current property section , it asks for any one else having an interest in in any of the property we own , as i am joint owner with my wife do i put her down on mine and vice versa on hers ? also would the mortgage co be classed as having an interest ? also what do we put in the nature of interest bit ? would it be joint owner for me & the wife and holder of mortgage for Northern Rock if we have to put them in here ?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give advice . Filling in the forms at present .

Ps . Would advise Jo not to even look at this question as it could make her late for her holiday departure ... LOL .. Hope you have a great time .!

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  22:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi digman,

Here goes!!

1. Yes, your home address goes in the assets bit. Not sure if you're renting but if so there's a bit about rental property later.

2. We put £0 in the value for the life insurance.

3/4. We put head office details.

5. I asked about this on here too and was told not to list them if we don't 'have' them any more (ie if they've been cut up)

6. Hubby put store address (also large store)

7. You should already have metioned your wife as a 'joint owner' (also in current property section), so you can put 'no' for anyone else having an interest (unless of course there is someone else to mention there other than your wife). We didn't mention the mortgage co here either-I think it means guarantors of mortgage etc.

Hope that's helped!

Take care,

C. x
Go to Top of Page

harbourmaster

346 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  22:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow digman, what questions.
As it seems a little quite on here and I know what you are going through with the damn forms I will try and help the little bit I can from what we did last week.
1. If the mortgage is in your names at your home address then yes you need to put that address.
2. I assume you do not have to put the life policy in as assets as I think the OR is only interested if they can realise any funds from policies.
3. We put the head office address of all our creditors
4. We put the address of the branch we banked with.
5. On all credit cards, if we had statements I put them down, even if the cards had been destroyed. For the cards we put the office address as shown on the statements.
6. If the store where you work has its own personnel dept then I would assume you put that address. If not then I would put the head office address. Where are th ewages done from and who would anyone write to for a reference etc?
7. In this section, if you have already put that the property is jointly owned then I read the question as does ANYONE ELSE, I assumed it meant that had not already been mentioned. I left this section blank.
Hope this helps. If I have got any of the above wrong I am sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Edited by - harbourmaster on 16 September 2008 22:24:26
Go to Top of Page

harbourmaster

346 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  22:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done C you got there before me.
If I had waited 3 mins I would have saved a bit of typing...

Edited by - harbourmaster on 16 September 2008 22:26:05
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  22:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha HM I was thinking the same as I typed-'I hope someone else isn't doing this too!'

Ah well, 2 perspectives, 2 different sets of answers!! Haha

Either way will be fine, digman, I'm sure! I do think you should mention the life policy though in assets, but just put it as no value.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  06:27:05  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks to HM and C for your take on my questions , i appreciate it . Have got a lot of info regarding the whole process of BR from this forum ( from reading previous posts and asking questions ) and am so pleased i found this site .
Starting to put things in place re paperwork now as intend BR early october . Had call from bank last night informing me they are issuing a default notice re o/d & loan .
Starting to PANIC now , from the point of view of will they have enough time to start legal proceedings before we go BR !?!
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  06:35:56  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could anyone else add to the replies i have got from HM and C ? please ? from their experience .

Also where do you find your income tax ref. number .? have looked on P60 & tax coding letter and payslip and unless its there under a different heading i cant find it . Would it be 'employer tax ref.' ? perhaps ??
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  07:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Digman

1 your address

2 you can either put 0 or as i did i put the payable amount on death and made a note to say payable on death only no cashin value

3 Head office will be fine

4 Local office or head office again will be fine

5 The cards i listed as i dont have mine but cut them up i put address as per statements and also if they were CC then i isted the number from those to add the CC number

6 i would write either head office found on your P60 which is what we did or you can put your main shop.

7 No just list it as you have and i did not write anyone else in other than the OH as being the interested party.

I am fine for the holiday departure bit still got a day to go.

I hope this has helped a bit. Sorry could not help last night i could not get on the site.

Take care

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  08:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Digman

yes on the P60 the employers tax ref is the code they use usually 7 digits long with a / in there somewhere.
And its not the Tax code.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page