Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 feeling literally suicidal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

terric
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  16:26:30  Show Profile  Visit terric's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi can someone help as i am feeling literally suicidal.
Husband has lost his business, i was company secretary on paper only, hence hi is now in a very low paid job and we are behind on everything.
My personal debt is approx £25k, joint business debt £20k.
our mortgage is £1300 and our utility bils are being eaten up by my wages and we have nothing to live on.
we are 1 month in arrears on mortgage. i am paying some debt off monthly and have ben issued with a statury denmad todat for £1200, as the debt has been sold to s company who wont accept my payments of £10pm any longer, i rang them today and he said pay it all now or we will make you bankrupt.
i am about to leave my husband, we have no equity in house , i have 2 children and need to rent somewhere, shall i apply for bankruptcy now or let the company who served me with statutory demand do it??
what will happen to my bank account, its a basic abbey one with electron, i have no overdraft facility or credit cards??

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  18:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terric

I am not an expert so cannot offer you any advice, however i was not going to read you post and go on to the next one.

Please please please try and keep calm (easier said than done i know) and there will be a way for you to move forward somehow.

There will be an expert along shortly that will give you more constructive advice but up until then please keep yourself safe.

Take care

Jenny
xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Go to Top of Page

Jude

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  19:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Terric
Sorry to hear about your situation - noticed no-one had come back to you yet so thought posting this will put you back to the top of the list. Have you tried ringing the helpline? They are really helpful and at least you'll get some advice straight away.
Good luck - we're all in the same boat here and are thinking of you.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  19:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terric

I am with Jude on this one i cant help you but hang on in there and someone who knows should be along soon. I would also say about calling our helpline again, its free and they do get back to you.

As Jenny as said try and stay calm, dont panic its not worth it, you have found this site and we will all do what we can to help to guide you through.

Dont despair you will get the help and asnwers soon enough.

Be strong, and take care.

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  19:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terric

I couldn't just read your post and go onto to the next either. Call the helpline, they really are informative and friendly. Everything will work out even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Hang on in there, you will get advice on this site but you'll also get lots of support as well.
Take care
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page