Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OMG interview over!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  16:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I'm back!

It wasn't good. He was SUCH a nice man, but I do think we'll end up with a BRU/BRO. He says he doesn't understand where all the money's gone and how we built up such big debts over 6 years. The trouble is, we have NOTHING to show for it!! We both tried to tell him it's just gone on bits and bobs over the years, but he says there's still too much not accounted for.

He also said he'll now make a recommendation as to whether further investigations are needed, and said our BR could be extended!! I asked him if he meant a BRU and he said yes, but said it would mean we were still a Bankrupt and that we wouldn't be discharged after the year IF it happened. Is that right????

It's all scary but at least it's done now.

Oh and we get an IPA of £202 per month. Not as little as we hoped, but not horrendous either.

Aaaarghhhhh!

CG. x

JAH

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  17:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CG,

Really glad its over for you. We are in exactly the same position as you so I think we will also get a BRU. We have a secured loan for pretty much the same amount as the mortgage with nothing to show for it.

As other people on here, and indeed yoursef have said, what's the worst that can happen? You don't get credit for a bit longer? I think you know the answer to that.

Myself and my husband are going to Court on 13th October so still have it all to go through - no doubt you will be there for me as you have been before.

Go and have a big glass of wine now!

Jayne x
Go to Top of Page

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  17:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad its over for you - I dont want to be nosy or anything and dont reply if you think I'm being cheeky, but what amounts were involved, im in court in 2 weeks and things total 35k over about 7/8 years. You have me worried now.

x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  17:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks JAH! Of course we'll be here for you when you need us! :-)

Getting there,
We're talking more than that. We had a similar amount of unsecured, but we've consolidated it all a few times, so we've actually spent it all more than once if you're with me. It added up to a large amount! I nearly died when he told me the figure! If that's the total of yours and you can account for it, you should be ok in that respect.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

JAH

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  17:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CG,

As I just said, that's EXACTLY the same situation as us, plus the credit cards. OMG I'm really not looking forward to it now.

Trouble is, I can't remember what consolidation loan was when?

I think I'm going to have a glass of wine tonight to calm my nerves and I haven't even been to Court yet!

x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  17:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try not to worry, JAH. I'm sure it all depends on the examiner in question. Ours just kept asking over and over, 'and what did you spend that on?' 'How much exactly did you spend on that?' etc and we didn't know.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just try to rack your brains now and make some notes on where all the money went if you can. He said it would help our case if we could do that.

Take care hon and try not to worry unduly. Take it a step at a time.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  18:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BC

Im glad its over for you both now.

So long as you all take care of each other you have the most precious things that money cannot buy.

Jenny

xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Go to Top of Page

grantspants

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  19:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done CG!

I know you're a bit worried about a BRO, but you have the hardest part out of the way now, so try not to be.
My OR interview is tomorrow at 14pm, and I've been trying to figure out where all my money went too, but what I can't remember I can't tell them. Its only when I actually go through the numbers that I realise what a fool I've been in the past, I don't really see how I could be any worse than I was. But we've all got to learn from our mistakes, and I think we punish ourselves more than the OR's office could ever do!

Anyway, have a nice evening and take your mind off it all, you deserve it.

Go to Top of Page

soscared

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  19:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm the same nothing to show for it, dont know where it went, loans credit cards, consolidation, another credit card loan etc etc.

thing is you could not go into a bank at one time without i see you have a loan and a credit card with us mrs.... have you thought about making them into just 1 mthly pymt and what about any improvements you need or holiday or some spare cash....so the banks just sell sell sell and i know cos i used to work for one years ago.

i know at the end of the day we all sign the dotted line but everything at one time was too easy,,
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  19:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done BC on getting that part over and done with.

I know like you that when asked its not possible to remember exactly where all the money went but hey like we all have said if you do a BRU or BRO its only 3 letters and as we dont want to get any more credit its not the end of the world.

Chill out and relax tonight and try and get over your flu, thats the worst bit over now, and its time to get on with your new status, A DEBT FREE LIFE.

Take care

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriend's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  21:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all,

Sorry I'm being a bit awol this evening-I have to say I'm a bit shell-shocked about what's happened today. I still don't understand what he meant when he said we could have restrictions put on us that mean we would still be bankrupt. I also can't get my head round just on what grounds they could give us a BRU. He said he accepts we didn't take out credit without means to repay, but said he has a problem with the level of debt over the 6 years. Can anyone shed any light at all? We could do with a bit of reassurance really...

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  21:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BC
Hope you are feeling okay now? Hopefully your feeling like a big weight has been lifted now.
Well done!!
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  21:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just posted before you did I think Nat. Thanks for the message, hon. Just feeling fed up at the mo. I'll bounce back though :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  22:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BC
if you have a BRU/BRO then you remain under the restrictions for it's duration therefore you will not be discharged until the end of the BRU/BRO.

You may be getting confused with the conditions of an IPA, under which you are still discharged after 12 months even though the IPA lasts 3 years..

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  22:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BC,
Glad you got the interview over and done with and hopefully it wont end up as bad as you think when the or sorts it all out. What actually is a bru/bro? Ans does it affect your everyday living.

Have a stiff drink and unwind. Take care
Tracy
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  22:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Sorry, I'm confused here. I've always read, and I'm sure even on the IS site, that you are still discharged at the normal time even with a BRU/BRO.

Yeah, here it is:

22.5EA BROs/BRUs and discharge

'If the official receiver makes application for a bankruptcy restrictions order (BRO) or accepts a bankruptcy restrictions undertaking (BRU) then the bankrupt will still be discharged one year from the date of the bankruptcy order (or earlier if the official receiver follows the early discharge process) but will be subject to the restrictions imposed under the terms of the BRO/BRU.'

Could you clarify this for me again please cos I think I'm missing something (and panicking too-just for a change!)

Thanks!

C. x

Edited by - BankruptC on 02 October 2008 22:32:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page