Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bank account
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

end or teather

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  22:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Got the welcome pack from the co-op cashminder account today, phoned them and said i will be going BR and will this be a problem,
they said it's no problem as thats basically what the cashminder account is for, phoned tonight and registered for internet banking,
all as i need now is money to put in it, still don't know how the Electron card works, maybe it's better to use cash for everything,

( still filling in the SOA forms )

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  22:17:23  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi e or t ,

Thats good news for you and its one less thing to worry about .
Think we are going to have to go to Nationwide as one of my creditors was Co-op credit card and cant see them letting me have an account .

Andy
Go to Top of Page

end or teather

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  22:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi digman,
well done today, bet your glad thats all over, ( mine is yet to come ), i find this site a great help, and lots of help / advice ,

let us know how you get on,

EOT.
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  22:35:29  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi ,

yeah am glad that parts is over , i think the worst will be to come re the interview but all i can do is tell them what i can , the rest is up to them i suppose . The court part is really not a problem as everyone on here says ( notwithstanding the clerk misinforming me i was to be prosecuted !! - check out the BR as of 11.15 today thread ).

Good luck with yours & keep posting

Andy
Go to Top of Page

end or teather

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  23:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi digman,
Yes i have read your post on today, i bet your heart dropped when she told you that, it's reading posts like yours that give us an insight of things to come, and the more people that post with their personal experience, help us all,

EOT
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2008 :  07:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi EOT

You were asking about the electron card. Well it can be used in most shops to buy your goods like your old debit card, it can be used on some online places too but there are a few places that wont accept it.

I have found it really good and dont feel that i have an account that is really any different from what i had before.

No one really uses cheques anymore and although sometime people want a cheque for something then obviously we dont have one now but i have got round this by giving my money to a person with a cheque book and getting them to write me one, other than that i am very happy with the Coop account and also the electron card.

Good luck mate

Jo x
Mother Hen

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

end or teather

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2008 :  22:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Needafriend ( Mother Hen )
Thanks for your reply, i'm still waiting for my pin no. i'm self employed and any cheques i get i will put into the coop account for money to live on, ( old account on o.d. limit ) will th or say anything about this ?

Thanks
eot.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  08:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi EOT

I take it the cheques you mean are for works done as in your wages.

If thats the case and that is how you are paid then it should be fine. As being self employed you dont have regular money coming in from say an Employer as BACS each month, so you have to get your money somehow, then you have to bank it somehow. I would say dont worry its your wages afterall.
As for the OR i doubt if they will say anything to be honest. If you are worried you could mention it but like i have just said its your wages so have to go in somewhere.

Take Care and LOL

Jo x
Mother Hen

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Go to Top of Page

end or teather

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  10:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Needafriend,
Thanks for the reply,Yes as you say it's my wages,
and have to go somewhere, after all we have got to eat and pay bills.

EOT.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  11:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi EOT

I would not worry about it mention to the OR if you need to but other than that not to worry.

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page