Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Am I in big trouble???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jude

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2008 :  17:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again
We went BR last week and I am very worried about an asset I listed on the SOA form. I put its value at £100 which was about right. It's a tool for my work (self employed). But there was a 3 week wait from submitting the forms and swearing that everything was correct and seeing the judge. During that time someone offered me £180 for the item and I sold it to them because it was too heavy to take with us when we move abroad. Am I in trouble? I'm going to explain to the OR when I send the bank statements etc in. I'm really worried now. Am I in for a BRU?? What should I have done - it would have to have been sold anyway. I also needed the money to get some work boots and other small tools that I needed to replace as they were worn out.

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2008 :  18:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ya Jude

I doubt if you would be in big trouble. As you said you will explain that you needed the money for other work items. The OR may well ask exactly what you spent it on and also if there is any left, i don think they will try and get the full amount back but im not sure.
Anyhow one of the other experts will be along soon and can then def tell yu what is what. As i dont want to give misleading info.
Take care

Jo x
Mother Hen

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  10:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
if it were me and I had substituted one tool of trade with other items necessary for work then i wouldn't bother mentioning it, but that's just me.
If you would prefer to explain the sale even if the examiner does not mention this particular tool go ahead.I very much doubt there will be a problem and you certainly wouldn't get a BRU because of this issue.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page