Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 QUESTION 3.3 SOA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2008 :  16:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I have a life insurance policy tht is in my name only. its a level term 15 years for 50k payable on my death only, no cash in value. Do i put nil in the value box? also my husband would claim the moneyif i pegged it so do i put him down as the 'concern holding the security' (the last box). He is going BR with me and has no policy on himself.

Thanks in advance
Tracy
x
9th Oct and counting

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2008 :  18:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tracy

I too have something similar, however it is in joint names with my hubby, so ill have to keep an eye on this thread.

I am sure i have seen somewhere before that the or may ask you to pay £50 to keep the policy, which i intend to do if that is asked, as when you take out a new policy if you died within the first year most of them wont pay out.

Im sure if im wrong someone will correct me.

Take Care

Jenny
xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2008 :  18:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jenny,
Thanks for your input. These blessed forms!
Take care yourself
Tracy x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2008 :  18:59:56  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tracy,

Put NIL in the value box. The OR will question this, but just tell them there's no cash in value and it's a death only policy. As Jenny quite rightly says, the OR may ask for a nominal sum to allow you to keep the policy.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2008 :  19:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julien,
Do i put my husband down a 'concern holding the security' which is the last box on the form or is that for something completely different that i should leave blank.
Cheers
Tracy
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2008 :  21:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
no you do not need to do this as your husband, rather than holding security over the policy, would, in most but not all circumstances be the beneficiary.

The question is asked in relation to life policies taken out to cover the repayment in full of a mortgage on a property and in the event of your demise.
In that situation the policy would actually state that your lender is to be paid (holds security) if this should happen.
If a life policy is not attached to a mortgage then nobody holds security.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

jwmc77

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  04:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry... nothing much to do with this but, i noticed you said your partner is also going br...is it costing you twice as much to go br?? or is there a different price for couples?

j mcalindon
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  10:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, J

Yes i'm afraid its 2 sets of fees as there is no joint br.

Tracy x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  14:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anybody know what the or guidlines are? is there any way of finding out?! finding the I&E forms a nightmare, just dont know what to put down and what they will and wont allow, also my husband and i are both BR so how do we fill in the forms as we have the same bills and outgoings? HELP!!
lou x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  14:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi poopedmass,

I think there's a link to the (out of date) guidelines on Jo's blog. How many of you are there in the household? Any children? What are their ages? That will all make a difference. I'd be happy to look over your I and E if you want to post it on here. I'm just in negotiations about my IPA, so have done lots of digging to see what I should be allowed!

As you're both going BR, the best way to do it is to write all outgoings on both forms, with your income on your form, with your hubby's contribution underneath (all his income), and vice versa for his forms. Hope that helps a little!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  14:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Poopdemass

I do have the guidelines on my blog but like BC says thats the most current they do at present so it realy is just a rough guide to help you through.

Best of luck, been there done that, keep asking the questions and we will help where we can. :-)

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  15:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, we have 2 children 5 and 7 years, and i need my car to take them to 2 different schools! and to get to work, worried about it all!
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  15:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try not to panic, pm. It will all work itself out. How much is your car worth? If it's under £3000 and you can show you need it for work, you should be able to keep it.

As I said, type up your I&E if you like, post it in here and I'll have a look at it for you.

Try to stay calm and go through things one at a time. You'll get there. :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  15:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good advice BC, i was just thinking the same. Spooky!!!!

It is a worrying time as we all know but we are all here to help.

PDM: Like BC has said do out a prov I&E and post on here we can then all have a look and advise you through.

Best of luck

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  16:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I meant to say!! You can add in £20 or so for children's activities, £60 for a UK break and £20 for dry cleaning. Let me have that info and I'll do some working out for you.

:-) C. x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  16:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he gets about £2200 and i get about £400, £125.40 child benefit and £42.39 child tax credit, gas and electric gone up loads this year, will they allow the £25 for holiday fund instead of presents, the pet plan is for 2 cats aswell, who are now 14 years old! petrol is high but do alot of driving, thank you so much for your help x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page