Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 MORE QUESTIONS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maz

United Kingdom
239 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  18:28:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Am I right in thinking that half of any disposable income you have whilst BR goes to your creditors and that can last 3 years? We are going to let our house get repossessed and have put the unsecured amount on our SOA so will rent a property in the New Year. I don't think we will have any disposal income left as we are both working as self employed couriers and don't earn a great deal at the moment.

If I were to get a job whilst BR and earned a lot more money would I need to tell the OR and then hand over any excess. Would it be better to wait until I've been discharged to look for more work.

eamonn

320 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  18:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi maz
as far as i know if you were to get a better paid job during your year br you would have to tell the or and then re-do your soa if you then had enough DI to pay an ipa you would then have to pay that ipa for the next three years
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  19:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maz

Eamonn is right. You have a legal duty to inform the OR of any major changes in your income and expenditure, right up until discharge if you dont have an IPA then a major change could mean you could get one but if you have an IPA and your income reduces then the IPA will be reduced and sometimes stopped.
Also its not half as such it starts at 50% the works up to 70% for an IPA. Have a look at skippys blog she has a piece on there with the table on what you could pay.
Hope that helps also.

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page