Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 starting to panic and feel the stress now.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

siobhan

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2008 :  10:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, my husband and i are starting to panic and feel the stress now. since the BR last tues (which feels like years ago i might add!) we've had problems sorting a bank act (think have come to the rescue but at £30 fee and £17.50 per month) we've had to plead with our HR depts to change our details so that our wages go there by the end of the month, we've still not heard from Natwest about a decision to keep us with them so decided to forget them as they looked down at us. we still haven't heard from the OR and are panicking about our i&e and what orders they can impose and what we will have to pay. then we've had to lie to family and friends about moving house in 2 weeks and miraculously getting a property developer to buy our house (!!) This is as bad as the run up to the BR (!!!) just want everything sorted so i can move on with our lives. HELP!

kazy1

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2008 :  12:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi siobhan, you have done the hard bit just relax and take one day at a time i too had to tell a few porkies to family.I know its easy to say don't worry but please don't. Prehaps you could give the or a ring and tell them your concerns they might have news foryou.

take care Kazy
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2008 :  13:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Siobhan,

Have you tried the Co-op cashminder, we found it really quick and easy to open and there are no charges.
Please don't panic about the OR, even though it doesn't always go smoothly, at the end of the day they are only human ans you should be able to get your points across. Even if the worse comes to the worse and you get a BRU/BRO it only in reality means that the restrictions imposed by a BR will continue for a while longer. I'm sure like many of us you dont wish to go along the credit card or loan route just yet anyway!
Its a shame about having to tell a few porkies to family etc, but if it saves hurt then i think thats ok.

Please dont panic (easier said than done). It really will be o.k.
Take care
Tracy XX
Go to Top of Page

siobhan

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2008 :  22:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tracy & Kazy,
feeling abit better today. paid a few household bills, sorted bank act and payroll have changed our details also contacted most household bills with new d/d details. I rang the court for OR office number and they reassured me that they're very busy and will send apmt thro post-was led to believe it'll be a face-to-face interview which we would prefer.
if we both went bankrupt are we likely to have separate interviews or one together?
yeah-never want to get credit ever again!!
my family are having real difficulties accepting that we want to give up a mortgaged property never mind if we told them about the BR. We much prefer it this way (our secret!)
THANKS AGAIN
S x
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2008 :  11:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Siobhan

I can't speak for a face to face interview, but hubby and i went BR and we had telephone inrerview, me first then hubby straight after. I have heard people have 2 separate phone interviews over 2 days. Sorry as i said i dont know about face to face.

Wishing you luck
Tracy XX
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page