Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 sorry another bank account post !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hips87
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2008 :  20:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i went bankrupt on 14/10/08 ,todays date is 21/10/08, i have my phone call interview with the OR on 30/10/08.
on 31/10/08 my monthly pay of £1400 will go into my bank account which is £550 over drawn, the bank is nat west which i dont have any debts to apart from the over draft.
will nat west let me keep my account after the OR contacts them ?
when my pay goes in to the bank will the OR claim any of that months pay ?
should i get my employer to put this months pay into another account ? if so will the OR question why this months pay hasnt gone into my natwest account ?
do you think my employer which is a big company will let me change my bank account details to my girlfriens bank account so the pay geos in there for the time being ?
sorry for all the questions but my head is spinning.

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2008 :  20:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

The OR should allow the bank to release your monies to you but i dont relaly know if it will be the whole 1400 as with the OD they may ask you to leave enough in there to clear the OD, but that is down to the OR and the bank.
The OR can only advise the bank that they want your monies released they have no authority in saying whether yu can keep the account that us down to the Bank. The natwest seem to be a little strange with BR's as so it may turn out they decide that you cant keep the account but again that is down to the bank.
Just food for thought here, have you applied to get another account like the Coop cashminder one.
I would apply to get another account if i were you it may be too late for your money this month but if the Natwest do decide to close your old one then you will need something in place for next months wages.

Take Care

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriends Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

siobhan

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2008 :  20:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi hips87,
my husband and I went BR on same day! and have had this problem too! my husband and i have organised for our wages to go into a bank account where we have no debt and they know we're BR. if u have your wage going in natwest i think they could keep the money for the overdraft and then it would look like you have prioritised their debt to be paid-although the OR may not have told natwest yet-have u? you will need to advise your payroll dept asap otherwise they'll not have enough time to sort it. and would recommend you get a new bank act for it to go in and tell the OR when u speak to him/her.I hope this is right? that's what we've done!
Good Luck!
S x
Go to Top of Page

siobhan

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2008 :  20:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS, my husband and I sorted our payroll depts yesterday and he gets paid fri and i do early next week, so if u ask them direct to change bank details and go and sign there and then, your payroll should definately be able to do it in time for your payday
S x
Go to Top of Page

hips87
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2008 :  21:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the replies.
i have just opened a new bank account with THINK BANKING and the bank account sounds perfect.
i am going to tell my employer to start paying into this account immediately because i can not afford for the OR to take it from my nat west account.
will the OR ask why my pay has stopped going into my natwest account ? even though my pay goes into my new account the day after my OR interview.
should i definately tell the OR that i have a new bank account ?
i told natwest today that i was going bankrupt.
i am now £550 overdrawn with natwest at the time of going bankrupt i was only £50 overdrawn, will the OR clear my debt of the £550 overdraft or only the £50 that was on the application forms ? or will i be expected to pay my overdraft back ?
all help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by - hips87 on 21 October 2008 21:26:59
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2008 :  12:09:41  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Hips87,

The OR is uunlikely to ask why your pay is going into a new account, so I wouldn't worry. The OR rarely monitors new accounts post-BR (unless you have an IPA/IPO and the OR has reason to believe you are not telling them the full story).

The overdraft will be included and written off in the BR, so don't worry!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2008 :  14:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have opened 2 accounts since I went BR and I've never told the OR about them.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Jo.

76 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2008 :  14:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi me neither.

Jo

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

hips87
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2008 :  20:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys, i wont tell the OR about my new bank account unless they ask.
if the overdraft with natwest is included in the BR that would be great.
i just wish my interview with the OR was over and done with so i can relax.
if i got a pay rise in say 2 months time would i have to tell the OR ?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2008 :  21:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the NatWest overdraft existed before your BR this will be included in your BR.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2008 :  21:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hips

Try not to worry about the interview, it will only drive you mad, esp as reading some of the posts about how others have got on with their interviews etc.

Try to put it to the back of your mind and think with a clear head, each case is different and each examiner and OR are different.

Be strong and stay positive and it will all come good in the end.

Best of luck

Take Care

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

Go to Top of Page

hips87
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2008 :  04:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skippy13

If the NatWest overdraft existed before your BR this will be included in your BR.

the overdraft did exist when i went bankrupt but to the sum of around £50, i am now £650 overdrawn !
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2008 :  07:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i would not worry. When we went BR my Alliance & Leicester account was written down as £450od, then after we had gone BR the HMRC took a payment when they shouldn't have which took mine over so now on £645 od.

LOL

Take Care

Jo x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page