Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Debts prior to BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2008 :  19:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

This is not about me but i'm wondering if anyone could clarify a couple of things for me.

My ex went BR about 3 years ago now, i didn't know about it at the time and we were still together then. I have recently found out that he obtained money off quite a few people and sounds as though it wasn't totally legit either and that these people wanted this money back. He is discharged from BR now.

If he didn't declare this money owed on his SOA can he still be liable now for it? I know for the monies after his BR he can it's the ones from before i don't know about.

Also, if he didn't declare it and it all comes out into the open could it be taken back to the OR or courts?

And if it can, how do you go about reporting it???

Any comments and answers are very much appreciated
Thanks
Nat

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2008 :  20:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me again
Forgot to mention as well, if the information I have found is correct, looks like he took approx £21k from all these people, betting he didn't pay the tax office anything either. If he didn't tell the OR this when he went BR how do you go about reporting this and what is the likely outcome??

Must point out that this is all info that i've been finding otu over the last few weeks and is looking more than likely to be true, i can assure everyone out there, i never saw any of that £21k maybe if i did i wouldn't be BR right now! I'm starting to think that i should probably go on the Jeremy Kyle show, never thought i would say anything like that, hate the show personally but this is fast becoming unbelievably true, and i lived with him for quite a few years and i never knew about this stuff until recently, so frustrated!!!!
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2008 :  07:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it wasn't legit then would these people have any record or proof they lent him money?
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2008 :  17:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RHB

What i'm saying is HE wasn't legit. I have had contact with someone who reported him to the police but they didn't want to take further as finacial fraud is diffiult. He has copies of info given to him and also the bounced cheques that my ex sent to him as supposed refunds. There's also a very long thread on another site where my ex has stated how many programmes he had sold (it's all computer stuff and to do with financial markets) and there is too much info on there for it to be just coincidental. we're waiting to see if any other poor sods that he ripped off are willing to come forward. I know that i can go to the Inland Revenue and i will do, just didn't know where people stood with him going BR in the middle of it all.
Any advice very much appreciated chaps!!
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2008 :  17:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, they'll have lost their money I suppose, strikes me that the only people to make money out of a bankrupt is the Trustees not the ones owed money in the first place!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2008 :  20:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RHB

I know what you mean! Look all i really want to know is if he had given false info on his soa would this not constitue some sort of offence? Or is it a case of he just gets away with it whereas the rest of us who play everything by the book and pay up every last penny that we possibly can are just laughed at by these people?

Sorry to go on guys but my ex has wound me up beyond belief and i'm absolutely fed up of him getting away with everything
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  08:02:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect the latter Nat, unless ut can actually be PROVED that he has lied on his SOA, but then you don't know what he put on it anyway?

Office of fair trading might be interested though?
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  08:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nat

I agree with RHB, without knowing exactly what he put on his SoA then we dont really know how to completely deal with this.

I can see why you want to have him punished if you like as he has punished you but i would give the OFT a call and just ask about generally.

Maybe the ORs office that your dealing with or even the court where you went might have a contact number for the ones who dealt with his old case.

Let us know how it all goes. And mate do keep smiling :-)

Jo

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  17:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RHB and Jo
Thanks for the replies, I know it went through the same court as me and the same OR office. May well ask but i ust reckon they are so busy at mo they're not really going to be interested.

Inland revenue will defo get a call very soon and good thinking on the OFT, will probably get the people he ripped off to contact them though.

I'm 99.9% sure that he wouldn't have declared it judging by all the other info i've found out, too much and too personal to put on here though. Maybe if the IR take it further, there's another case in addition to this, the OR may well get involved anyway. I'll let you know as soon as i know anything.
Cheers
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  17:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do Nat, you have got me intriged now.

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page