Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 postings from 2007
 missing topic?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CJDIS
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  19:41:15  Show Profile
Hello again,

Up until now I had not commented on this post as, after reading Jo's first reply, I was satisfied that she had taken on board the comments made by several users that the tone of a reply she made was unnecessarily sharp and as it has obviously caused some offense, I did not want or feel the need to pursue my point further. Now that she has commented directly about something I said, however, I do feel the need to defend myself to those who did see the thread. At no point did I insinuate that needafriend wanted things to go her way, but more that there have been posts in the past, just like today's post, where the tone became, in my opinion (which of course I am, as is everyone else, entitled to), and in the opinion of the other posters on that thread, rude.

At no point was it my desire to make needafriend feel uncomfortable or to feel the need to suggest she leaves the site, as others obviously find her help extremely valuable, which, I must add, it undoubtedly is the majority of the time. I merely wanted to make my point that these boards are open to everyone, and everyone should be given a fair hearing, and a courteous reception.

I refer to my initial point again now, to reiterate that I'm glad needafriend has taken on board the points made, and that she has explained that none of her points were meant to cause offense, just as mine weren't.

John's suggestion that we all continue to help one another was a great one, and whether or not I'm made to feel welcome, both my wife and I will continue to read and post wherever we feel we can be helpful.

Kind regards,

CJD
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  19:47:27  Show Profile
HI all
I never read the thread that was deleted. But what i will say this site has been a great help to me and many others. We all offer advice wherever we can because we have personal experiences it is unfortunate that some people take things out of context, i know i've said sorry at times as some things that i have posted have had a personal meaning to me but in no way is meant to undermind or upset anyone.
Jo as far as i can see you have nothing to apologise for so please don't. I might add that when i had my interview with my examiner and I said that i hadn't wanted to pay one of my debts as i had been told that it might be seen as preferential. My examiner asked me where i was informed of this and i told her that it was this site and she sounded quite impressed!
SO to everyone on here keep up the good work and supporting one another, we all have our personal problems but lets keep this site the positive and supporting site it is and let go of these pointless threads.
Nat
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  19:48:37  Show Profile
Hi i am still not clear on how i have been rude or sharp in any of my posts as i would have been told by admin if i had.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i do my best so i will continue to do so, i was not however appologising to your post re the rude remark but i will continue to help where needed regardless of the comments made to me.

Thanks for your input, inorder to continue or post about that thread it needs to be done in a different manner as agreed by admin.

That way they can monitor it.

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  19:51:39  Show Profile
Here here Nat,

We are all here to help one another and we all say what we mean again these can as it seems to have been taken in the wrong context.

No Nat i am not apologising i do this to help, the remarks and comments i will read and reply as always but no matter what i am here as always.

I am not going anywhere. :-) I have done nothing wrong.

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  19:54:05  Show Profile
So glad to hear it Jo!!!
Keep on smiling and looking to the future eh?
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  20:00:37  Show Profile
Hi i will and you.

You know where i am and to be honest i have decided that these things will happen and i cant please everyone and believe me i dont intend too.

I always welcome new users but this time it was different and to be honest i am stronger than that and i am like each one of those millions out there entitled to my opinion and i am not changing just to have to make people feel like i am pleasing them or giving them just advice they think they want to hear.

Sometimes things need to be said and i beleive in the truth, the post has been deleted and thats a good thing, this is a place for adivce and i dare say i would have known by now if my replies had caused offence but maybe admin are hiding something.

Nah i dont care, this is a great site and we will all work together to make it such.

I think that this should be left now and the replies finished, maybe admin can lock this post as i think its finished we have all made our points, if someone has an issue with a member or expert then please inform admin who can deal with it, the forum is not the place really. We are here to help.

Take care all

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

Edited by - Needafriend on 06 November 2008 20:07:01
Go to Top of Page

CJDIS
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  20:09:45  Show Profile
Hi again,

As it is obviously still causing offense even though I am really not trying to, this will be my last post on this thread.

I absolutely do not feel anyone needs to apologise to me. Once again, I was merely stating the need for everyone on the boards to remain courteous at all times, whatever their opinion. Surely we all agree on that.

Now let's move on!

CJD

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  20:12:19  Show Profile
I Agree and also CJDIS i did not get the chance to welcome you as i always do as you came straight in as a poster without a question.

So with that in mind Welcome to the forum. :-)

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

Go to Top of Page

CJDIS
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  20:18:11  Show Profile
Thanks Jo, and I didn't eve say that through gritted teeth! I do feel I'm a regular though as I do read regularly. Maybe I'll post more too now I've had my baptism of fire!

(I know I said it would be my last post, but it's always nice to end on a positive, isn't it?)

CJD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page