Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Post OR interview...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

turborat

289 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  21:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well not a good day really, the short of it we were told the caravan valued at £1200 was an asset which could not be kept but the shock was the car. We said it was needed for my wife to get to her appontments and therapy sessions due to her diagnosed mental dissorder and I used it sometimes for work.

I valued it at £700 and we were told we could not have as unless it was solely needed for work (if public transport not an option) it is classed as an asset and if we want it we need to pay.... £400 !!!! Where do we get that from but we need the car!!!!

In the end our parents are lending us the money... great new debt!!

Pretty dissappointed really as I really tried to fight the cause but they weren't interested.

They went through all the rest of the questions but they did not go throught the expenditure details? Will the go through these at a later date? What happens next? Do we just get some forms to fill in? Wasn't really told what to expect next so if anyone has any advice it may prepare us if there is more to come.

Pretty exhausted now but we hope that is the worst of it, just a shock about the car really!!

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  21:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TR

Not s good news then.:-(

You will get any excemption letters now from the OR and details of any IPA if you are to go onto the NT code one.

They may call again, but the car once bought will be excempt the caravan they will make arrangements for it to go if you cant keep it.

It will be a steady flow of letters now. If you have not heard about the I&E in a few weeks you could contact them but no news is good news.

LOL

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

turborat

289 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  21:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There will be an IPA and I will be on zero tax. Just a bit down at the mo but as I said hopefully worst over now...

Thanx Jo
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  21:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TR

Im thinking of you, whilst being down in the dumps, think of my sending a virtual hug to u both.

It will be ok, i do know what you mean though but at least thats the worst over with.

What did they work your IPA payment out to be.

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

turborat

289 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  21:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They haven't let me know yet. They just described the extra cash which will be available due to the zero tax situation.

They said they will look at the expenditure and compare to the latest living guidlines and then let us know what the IPA will be.

Thankx for all your support.
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  23:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TR

Im so sorry it has been a horrible day for you both. I jusy want you to know im thinking of you (i know its not going to do much, but hey).

Take care

Jenny

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

dazed and confused

United Kingdom
475 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  23:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TR...

Sorry to hear things did not go quite as well as hoped for you, but I guess at least it's done now and hopefully you will feel better about it all soon.

It can only get better!

Take care.
Go to Top of Page

debtrider

494 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  10:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello turborat

Sorry to hear that your interview did not go too well. Let's hope things start to get better for you in the months to come. As you say you are probably over the worst of it, and you near enough know where you stand now.

All the best

debtrider
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  10:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds harsh to me, just seems to be luck of the draw in who interviews you which is pretty unfair.
Well chin-up TR, at least those pesky debts have gone and an IPA only lasts 3 years as opposed to an IVA which is 5!

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page