Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bankruptcy form, reason for Bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  22:48:34  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HI

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I get it right first time around.

For this section ive only managed 1/2 a page is this enough? Could I post what I have written for feedback?

Thanks

Stu J Byron

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  23:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

Just dont make it pages and pages. Be honest and stick to the point. If you would like some feedback it may be a good idea to post.

Jenny

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  23:06:25  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HI
Here it is:

In 2004, I started a nursing diploma, at that time, I only had a small amount of overdraft debt, which I managed to keep on top of and repay, however as the course progressed and I found I needed several items included books, clothing, money for food and travel, I became reliant on credit.
In 2006, a year before I qualified I realised that I would not be able to fully repay my debts as the outgoings over stretched my income. I therefore sought help from a debt management company, who took me on board and assisted with my debts.

Although some creditors responded well to the DMP alot did not, so I looked elsewhere, it was around this time, that debt matters approached me with information of an IVA, although the full details were not explained to me, I felt that this was the best option, however this turned out not to be the case, at the same time I lost my job and because the IVA from Debt matters was being poorly administered it failed. My debts were left in limbo, so I looked at another IVA or DMP, so went to Gregory pennington who put me in touch with Freeman Jones, my IVA was approved by them, and was working fine, unfortunately I lost my job again, and was also diagnosed with moderate depression, I was granted a three month payment holiday but was not able to meet the back payments so this IVA failed too, I have had a reoccurance of my depression, and feel that the spiraling debt, that I am now unable to repay is starting to damage my health, I believe bankruptcy to be my best option. Due to my depression, I will not return to a full time role, but a 33 hour role within my job, the income stated reflects this.
Due to my IVA's I am unable to give full correct start dates for my creditors, but feel that the dates given are at the best estimation of them.
Due to two of my main creditors being Barclays and Co-operative and the Abbey saying that they wont support a bankrupt with Banking services I have chosen Thinkbanking that is why I need an allowance of £12.50 for this account.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  23:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that is spot on. About the same length as mine, and as a result of being so precise, ours has been really straightforward.
The thing that struck me the most Stu, was that you have tried. Any OR will read this and see that you have been responsible. Its good.

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  23:36:47  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you think I will get that thing where I have to pay for 3 years, I really cant afford it, and ive put the following down as expenses, I dont think I am being unreasonable:
Rent £410 (Living with Parents)
Housekeeping for food for work, extra food etc £150
Gas and elec £0
Water £0
Telephone £40 (Mobile)
Travel to and from work and general travel £160 (about 82 miles a day, four days a week)
Clothing £40
Council Tax £0
Car Tax - £10
Emergency, Birthdays fund - £30
Insurance for car £70
Car HP £102
Gym £26.00
Prescriptions - £11
Optical/Dental £10
Union Fees £4
Thinkbanking Bank Account Fees £12.50

Is that unreasonable?

I have also put my income down as the new income, I.e I am working 37.5hours at the moment but have been diagnosed with reoccurance of my depression due to work stress on top of everything else so will ask for a 33 hour contract therefore having fridays off! Is that ok?

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  07:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
70 pound a month car insurance? No way to get that any cheaper?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page