Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I just received my contract of employment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  12:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all!

Well I just received my contract of employment (was it that long ago when I started working here?) and no where does it mention anything about bankruptcy. Is that a good thing or bad? I assume that should I petition for bankruptcy, then it shouldn't impact on my job as a Senior Administrator within the Government Sector. I am considering just having a chat with my Head of Department, just so that he is aware. Would this be a good idea or should I just not mention anything and see what happens.

I can't believe there is just so much to think about before considering an IVA or bankruptcy. The rate I'm going, it'll be another year before I finally decide one way or the other.

Xmas baby

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  12:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keith

Thats good news on your contract front and its up to you whether you speak to your HOD about your pending BR.

I would if you do or dont speak to them start to get an idea in your head with regards to the BR route, you need a plan as i have said before and i dont know if you did speak to the helpline or Paul at Reviva but you need to know what you should do and how you go about it.

Take care and let us know how it all goes :-)

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  13:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo. Sorry to keep going backwards and forwards, but I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm veering towards an IVA again (this week anyway) and maybe I should just take the plunge and if that all falls through, then it'll have to be bamkruptcy. At least I'll have given it a go. Does that sound sensible? I'm just worried they might change the bankruptcy rules before long and make it more difficult, especially as more and more people are taking this route these days.

Difficult choices.

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  13:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keith

I cant help make your mind up, you know its down to personal choice and only you can make that.

I know that if you have enough DI to pay into an IVA per month then fine, and it will be for about 5 years but at least with Bankruptcy its over in a year for the BR, payments finish in 3 years from the date they start and unless you get a BRU which is not that bad you have completed it a lot quicker and will be free quicker.

But is is down to you at the end of the day.

I do hope that you get this sorted out for you, when i look back now and i tried an IVA, but was told no as i did not have enough DI, then i did my own DMP for nearly 2 years i wish instead of messing about with those that i had taken the plunge and gone BR sooner.

You will make the right choice :-)

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  14:28:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Keith if it doesnt mention anything then i would take that as a good sign.

You sound like you ned more time to decide before you come to a final decision. Is it worth you doing a dmp on a short term basis so your not commited to anything. Its a big choice to make and you dont want to make the wrong one for you

Jenny

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

dazed and confused

United Kingdom
475 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  00:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keith

Yes I agree with Moneyworries above that a DMP might be a better option than an IVA to give you a bit more time and breathing space in which to fully make up your mind, without having to formally commit to something and then find it is not right for you.

Good luck with it all.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  07:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi keith

You do need to seek prof advice on this matter, it has to be right for you which ever way you chose to go.

I strongly urge you to contact someone in the know and get some verbal advice, that way, you never know it may help to clear your head a bit and start to put things into prospective.

It is not something that can be taken lightly and thats why i urge you to make a call and just see what is available to you, which even if you only do it for a few months might get u somebreathing space.

The helpline number is 0800 078 9367.

Best of luck :-)

Jo
x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page