Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bankruptcy form outgoings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  21:13:37  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

Sorry for all the questions:
is the following outgoings ok or too much, also should I include the further education in this, I have put in my statement that due to my depression and the fact that I am being internally investigated in nursing I do not see me returning to nursing for the distant future, and because my depression has been trigged by my job in Management, I am going to request a drop in contractual hours, however I feel that this new course in advanced gym instruction will pull together new skills and my nursing skills and maximize my earning potential and be of alot less stress, the course payments complete in may 2010.

Would that be ok?
Also here are myout goings:

Rent £410 (Living with Parents)
Housekeeping for food for work, extra food etc £150
Gas and elec £0
Water £0
Telephone £40 (Mobile)
Travel to and from work and general travel £160 (about 82 miles a day, four days a week)
Clothing £40
Council Tax £0
Car Tax - £10
Emergency, Birthdays fund - £30
Insurance for car £70
Car HP £102
Gym £26.00
Prescriptions - £11
Optical/Dental £10
Union Fees £4
Thinkbanking Bank Account Fees £12.50
Further education course £128.50

Stu J Byron

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  21:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They wont allow for gym I'm afraid.

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  23:45:44  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Will they allow for the course im planning on studying and would of paid 3 months towards by the time of bankruptcy?

Im going to put gym down anyway, as I havent got anything down for holidays, and apparently thats allowed.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  09:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

Not sure on the studying bit either, but you can put it down whats the worst they can say is NO.

Best of luck

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  10:47:44  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo,

Do you think I will get an IPO?

Thanks

Stu

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  10:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

Whats your total income?

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  11:00:15  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,

my old income is £1146, however as my work is causing depression I am going to ask for a reduction in hours, and therefore it will be £1022 a month I have put this new income on the BR Form.

with the outgoings as above, and my new income its -£210 a month

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  11:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Stu

If they dont allow the training or the gym your still in the minus figure.

If you stay in the minus and the OR does allow you the car HP then you may not get an IPA, but it is down to the OR at the end of the day.

Its worth a try and make sure that you start to get new wage slips with the new figure on for your wages as they will need to see the change of amounts otherwise they may work out an IPA with the original amounts.

LOL

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  12:32:20  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo,

im currently off sick with depression the main trigger being my job, so if I do return I will request a drop to 33 hours a week, however I doubt I will be returning til at least the 3rd March next year. should I put the new income on this and then when I attend the back to work interview on 3rd March and ask for the drop to 33hours for my employer to write a letter confirming this so I can send it to the OR?

What other details will the OR need, I have my IVA certificate of termination, car insurance schedule, car HP documents and thats it.

Is that all ok?

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  13:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

You would need to tell the OR what your taking home now, as they work on now and not in the future, when the money changes then you have to inform the OR of these changes so that the adjustments can be made by them.

The OR may request just agreements, car ins, statements if you have any, if they ask for something and you dont have it then dont worry the OR can source it out.

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  16:50:07  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo ive ammended that to the £1121 that I pick up now, that means I would be -£170 would I get an IPA?

Thanks

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  16:51:43  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo ive left it at 1022 for my income, as I have put in my reason for bankruptcy the following:

In 2004, I started a nursing diploma, at that time, I only had a small amount of overdraft debt, which I managed to keep on top of and repay, however as the course progressed and I found I needed several items included books, clothing, money for food and travel, I became reliant on credit.
In 2006, a year before I qualified I realised that I would not be able to fully repay my debts as the outgoings over stretched my income. I therefore sought help from a debt management company, who took me on board and assisted with my debts.

Although some creditors responded well to the DMP alot did not, so I looked elsewhere, it was around this time, that debt matters approached me with information of an IVA, although the full details were not explained to me, I felt that this was the best option, however this turned out not to be the case, at the same time I lost my job and because the IVA from Debt matters was being poorly administered it failed. My debts were left in limbo, so I looked at another IVA or DMP, so went to Gregory pennington who put me in touch with Freeman Jones, my IVA was approved by them, and was working fine, unfortunately I lost my job again, and was also diagnosed with moderate depression, I was granted a three month payment holiday but was not able to meet the back payments so this IVA failed too, I have had a reoccurance of my depression, and feel that the spiraling debt, that I am now unable to repay is starting to damage my health, I believe bankruptcy to be my best option. Due to my depression, I will not return to a full time role, but a 33 hour role within my job, the income stated reflects this.
Due to my IVA's I am unable to give full correct start dates for my creditors, but feel that the dates given are at the best estimation of them.
Due to two of my main creditors being Barclays and Co-operative and the Abbey saying that they wont support a bankrupt with Banking services I have chosen Thinkbanking that is why I need an allowance of £12.50 for this account.

Due to my depression, and because of internal ongoing investigations I have chosen not to return to nursing, within the distant future, and as the role in management I am doing at the moment, is also causing my depression to get worse, I am going to try reduced hours, but along side this I am planning to take a part time course in personal training - advanced gym instructor, to allow me to maximize my earning potential and to join the knowledge learnt from nursing with this course, this course however costs £128.50 for a year and completes in May 2010.

So would that be ok

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  17:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Stu

That sounds ok. I too started a nursing career but my debts forced me to give up near to the end of my first year so i ended up with nothing just more experience.

I dont know if i will ever go back i feel that i am destined for other things and for me it is helping others like this. I feel my nursing knowledge and helping on here has given me a new lease of life so i think i will look to be an adviser and maybe from next year. Thats of course if someone will have me as i am a 37 yr old mum with 3 kids so fingers crossed that i may be able to get a job helping others in debt and being their guiding light and not with the CAB i might add.

I think what you have written is fine, i know that honesty is the best policy and you dont want to be writing an essay. I also know all too well about the depression and debts, i have the T shirt too :-)

Take care and do keep posting:-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Edited by - Needafriend on 05 December 2008 17:06:17
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  19:04:48  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo,

You would make a good nurse, you have been open, encouraging and honest, a true shoulder to lean on in tough times, unfortunately for me it didnt work out, once this investigation is over I may do the odd shift here and their but dont think I will go back full time this gym course allowing me to qualify as a personal trainer, seems the best option for me and allow me to move forward with my life, career and debts, hopefuly the OR will see this and allow the further ed fees, I will need to do some budget cutting for it though.

Good luck if you choose to go back to nursing, and as a debt advisor, again an excellent choice and I believe that Gregory pennington and Freeman Jones are both recruiting at the moment, look on manchesterjobs.co.uk

Thanks again

STU

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  19:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Stu

Esp for the job tips, i will look into something next year, i want to get chrissy out of the way first, spend time with my family then in 2009 i will be looking.

It will also have to be round the Somerset/Dorset border as i have kids etc and so cant travel too far.

Maybe Paul, John, Brett or Julian know of any vacancies in my area, they could even put in a good word for me ;-)

Anyhow you have to do what is right for you at the end of the day, Yes i wish i had completed my course but as long as im helping others then i know i have done the right thing.

You take care and enjoy the weekend.

LOL your friend

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  19:38:09  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You to Jo

and thank you

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page