Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Firstly, this site is really helpful
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

simonh53
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2008 :  23:59:54  Show Profile  Visit simonh53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Firstly, this site is really helpful and is making me feel better about potentially going bankrupt. My situation is the same as a lot of people. Too many years of chasing my own tail and getting deeper and deeper into debt and now having been self employed for 10 years work has suddenly become very hard to come by. I think bankcruptcy is my only option. I have a flat and a bunch of stuff that really I don't care about as they're only possessions but the only things I really care about are my computer and related peripherals and my professional digital camera. I am a tv producer and director and also photographer and obviously need them for my work and because my entire life is stored on the computer and hard drives etc. Do you think that I would be able to keep them. The photography has only recently been something that I've tried to get more work in, only some weddings so far but I'm starting to get interest from other companies who may want to hire me but not for enough money to keep creditors at bay. Do you think I would be okay?

Thanks again.

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2008 :  06:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon

Welcome:-)

Because you need these things for your work "Tools of the trade" then i cant see any reason why you cannot keep your items due to the fact you cannot work if you dont have them, ultimately it will be down to the OR at the end of the day, but i would say that rerally you should be ok as long as you tell them this.

Is your flat mortgaged or rent? If its mortgaged is there any equity in it?

What other job did you do? As you say you have only started in the photography side of things recently?

Jo
x

19 Weeks down

33 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!

Edited by - Needafriend on 19 December 2008 06:54:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page