Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 worried about OR 3 hour interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

worried
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  20:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi went to court for my BR in aug 08, had telephone interview quickly and thought that would be it. just before christmas i got a letter to go for 3 hour interview. i am v worried about why they need to see me for so long and if there are going to be problems with my bankruptcy. i think my case might be confusing as follows::

1 i had a small runaround car that broke down a few months before i was bankrupt. sold to my next door neighbour (2nd hand dealer) for £300 after garage told me head gasket, water pump and brake seized and would cost more than car worth. will this look dodgy to the OR?

2 i think i got some of the money to pay the BR fee on one of my cards or overdraft - i can't remember if they asked me this in the telephone interview or not and will i get into trouble for this?

3 all of the money i had in debt (approx £40,000) was over the last few years of living expenses, consolidation loans etc, so i can't remember exactly what the different cards etc were used on and when. We had a baby (unplanned) and my partner has also gone self employed in the last few years. He earns a reasonable wage now went to less due to me having baby too. Does it matter that i cannot tell them what it was all spent on other than living expenses??

4 Our expenses we filled out on the form look alot less than our previous credit card spending shows. By time i filled in the BR form we were finally being very careful with money whereas previously we weren't really aware of the extent of my debt? will this get me into trouble?

5 i had a company car up until oct 07 which i then gave back to my emplyers when i bought my small runaround. The company have delayed in informing dvla about me no longer being the registered keeper until v recently. does this look dodgy too?

6 In 2005 I lent my boss £10,000 (silly I know) which he was going to pay back the following month. He ended up paying me back in instalments of £1000 a month which then just got taken up paying bills etc. Will I get into trouble for this?

i v,v worried about what will happen. can i get a criminal conviction or go to prison - i have a little girl who is nearly 2 and it would destroy me to be apart from her? any advice appreciated.

debtrider

494 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  20:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi worried

You do have done nothing exceptionaly wrong from what you have said and don't worry you will not be going to prison. I am sure the experts will confirm any concerns you might have about this.

The OR probably needs a more in depth discussion about some of your debts and feels a face to face chat would be a lot better, and although it says 3HRS on you letter it will probably last know where near this.

The OR is not a judge and you are not on trial so do not worry about going to prison, it will not happen.

I had my interview in November and it was a face to face interview which in some respects is a lot better. It is much better to see the person whom you are talking too and there facial expressions to your answers. The OR as asked me more questions since about my debt and I have tried to answer them the best I can.

Are you sure that you had a proper interview on the telephone, because you said it was quick which is unusual.

Still go to the interview with all the facts and answer the questions to the best of your ability and try not too worry too much.

debtrider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page