Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 I am sooo scared!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

megan17897
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2009 :  12:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pleaseee help me, and forgive me if i go on a bit, but i am needing advice.

Me and my husband are both considering bankruptsy, our situation is, about 4 years ago we started getting into quite a considerable amout of debt, however at the time we both worked full time, and we could afford to pay all our debts. Afterwards i gave up my full time job to work for an employment agency, it was a better job, with better money and they promised me it would be permenent. As my luck had it i was l layed off 3 months later. A couple of months after that i got caught pregnant, because i was pregnant i couldnt apply for a permenent job, so i carried on working for employment agencies on a temporary contract to make ends meet. Unfortunatley my little boy was born severley disabled, so i had to give up work alltogether, so i could become his full time carer. I contected my insurance companies (as i had insurance with everything, including my mortgage, for sickness, death, redundency, and EVENTS OF BECOMING A CARER) but because i wasnt in permenent employment, i didnt meet the criteria for an insurance claim, from then on life became unbareable!!
We have just had our home repossessed, luckily i have now got a council house, so in not homeless, but with the falling house prices, i have been told to expect a massive shortfall of up to £30,000, which i will be liable for on top of the £30,000 unsecured debt i have.
My husband wages, my carers allowance, and tax credits, all get swallowed up by our general living expences, however my little boy, who is 3 now is in receipt of disability living allowance, and motability allowance, (which is £450 4/weekly) i am wanting to know weather the courts take this into account as an income, allthought this money gets paid into my bank account, it is not mine, is is solely his for his disability. I have contacted several different places for advice on this matter, and noone seems to be able to give me a straight answer, some have told me the do take it into account, and others have told me they dont, i dont know what to believe, i need a straight answer.
Also, and this is concerning me quite deeply, and that is the last loan we took out was in september of last year, it was to settle a car loan and borrow an extra £1000, even though i knew i was in financial difficulty, it was a case of "needs must"!! I moved into an unfurnished council house, and because my little boy has chronic lung desiese, and also he cannot walk, it was imperitive i had carpets layed. But what will the courts say to that?? do i risk prosecution?? At the time we took out the loan, we were by no means considering bankruptsy, bankruptsy only came to light when we found out i was going to have a massive shortfall on our old property.

Oh my god!! My head is all over the place, can some1 pleaseeeeee help me, and put my mind at rest, it just would be nice for the first time on months just to have a good night sleep!! i have gone through sooo much in the past 3 years, i just want a break, and for it all to end.

Thanx peeps xxxx

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2009 :  16:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumping this one up for help x

moving forward to new beginnings
Go to Top of Page

s4pps

252 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2009 :  18:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Megan, just wanted to say welcome to the forum :) We also get DLA for our little girl. It is included on your income and expenditure, but then obviously you will list outgoings that other people don't have. Hospital visits, special equipment, etc. Necessities for your little boy.

I'm sure someone else will come along and be able to explain in more detail, but we all know what it's like when you're anxious and waiting for a reply :)

Suzanne x

Go to Top of Page

megan17897
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2009 :  13:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can i have more advice on this 1 please, im still not sure, i feel a right dope!!

Anything would be very much apreciated!!

Thanks Nikki xxx
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2009 :  14:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Megan

After reading through your post i feel that i am unable to help you, so, i am giving you the helpline number which is free to call and maybe then you can get a better answer to your question.

That number is 0800 078 9367, call them, if they cant speak straight away do leave a name and a contact number and someone will get back to you, i do think this would be the better way to get your question answered.

Best of luck and if we can help any other way do post again.

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

Just always remember one thing, Your not alone, your not the first and you wont be the last.

23 Weeks down

29 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help with filling out the forms, I&E, Car Valuations, etc, etc, you can read my blog here called:~ Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page