Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 New with tons of questions (long, sorry)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sparkle83

258 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2009 :  07:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there. hubby and I have finally realised that there is no way we can keep going on, have both suffered from bad depression in the past and both starting to struggle mentally to keep going under the pressure of not being able to afford to pay necessary payments. Waiting on income tax rebate to afford court fees (should arrive by mid march)

Debts: approx 17,000 (inc debts from failed business) net income: about 1,300 pcm Home: renting 425 pcm

1. How do I go about collecting accurate figures of debts (havent got all my statements as our post is terrible)?

2. When do we notify creditors and will they push harder for payments if they know we are filing soon?

3. Can insurances still be paid monthly or do they have o be made in one payment (direct line, car and pet)?

4. When can we set up a bank account that we wont lose? Do any of the high st banks do any?

5. When looking at necessary expenses: we've lived on very little for ages, trying to make the payments (only eating one meal a day, having to ask friends and family to eat at their houses to save money). When we look at our housekeeping, will this go against us, or will we be allowed what we need?

6. Mobile and mobile internet: Hubby works night shifts (12 hours on his own as a security guard), and has previously suffered chronic depression (was on incapacity benefit for 5 years) which is made worse by lack of contact. He has a contract mobile, and a mobile internet contract which allow him to stay sane at work. Will these be allowed? Would medical letters help?

7. Possessions: We have several games consoles, inc xbox 360 (xmas gift), 2 DS's (bought on store card 2 years ago), old ps2 and xboxes (second hand). 32 inch old crt tv, several second hand laptops (mostly unworking, hubby likes tinkering). a compact style laptop (cost £250 more than a year ago). Computer (rebuilt) with a second hand tft monitor (again a gift). Lots of old PAYG mobiles. My engagement ring (£175 9.5 years ago), eternity ring (£60 last year) and our wdding rings (less than £20 each). Equipment from failed business- two digial SLR cameras (£450 and £800 when bought new two years ago), lighting kit and back drop (about £450 when bought 2 years ago). What of this will we lose?

8. Cars: We have two cars (peugeot 205 '84- cost £400) (Rover sterling 827 '96- cost £200). I'm currently learning to drive in the peugeot, cant learn in rover as its too big. Hoping to pass soon. Hubby works odd shifts and I currently have to walk the 4 mile round rip to work til I pass, when we will definately need two cars. Will these be allowed?

Thats all for the minute. We've desperately tried for the last year to keep ourselves out of bankruptcy, but there isnt enough money coming in, and my hours at work keep getting cut with the constant threat of redundancy.

You all seem really nice, and I've read old posts. Hopefully this is the start of something better.

Thanks
Sparkle

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page