•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Payrise/IPA Tax changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Junior Member

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2009 :  16:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 6 months into my BR and it looks like I may receive my first payrise in 3 years in April... it will only be the rate of inflation, I will also in April receive and increase in council tax and my rent. Will I be required to do another income and expenditure for the OR? because really by the time the CT and Rent increases go on not much payrise left.

On another note in April I guess I will stop paying my income Tax to the OR is this automaticaaly done by the tax office? or is there something that I need to do to reduce the payments down to my IPA?

Thank you

Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2009 :  13:09:40  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If your pay increase is just in line with inflation, then you do not need to inform the OR.

As soon as you stop receiving the additional amount in your pay, you stop paying this over to the collection agent.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06