Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Why a, I still feeling so down?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  09:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went BR on the 29th Jan and had my OR interview last Fri, I feel I should be feeling much better especially reading some of the posts where people are saying they feel relieved. Why then cant I? I am over retirement age and have a part time job which I desperately want to give up and do other things, (I did a course in holistic therapies a couple of years ago and would like to give that a go) I know that I shall probably be told, hang on to the job, but it is holding me back and, after all, life is short and I would need the car anyway if I am to do what I want to do. As well as the IPA I presume any tax that I pay is paid to Moonbeevers, so if I give up the job, the OR will know as I won't be paying tax, at least for a while. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

I was given an IPA of £70.00 a month which I am challenging, the OR said that my car would be exempt, it is worth around £1400, but he did say that I could lose it if I give up my job, so I feel that although the BR is behind me I am still not able to move on with my plans.

He was a very brusque OR, which I expected anyway, he even knew my mum's maiden name, how did he know that? I feel as if I am being watched, a bit like big brother and can't make the moves that I was hoping.

Also, can they still call you back after they have interviewed you? So far I have only had a letter regarding a life asurance policy and the IPA.

Sandie

hanlou

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  12:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi almost there sorry to hear you feel down iam no expert but was declared br in jan with my husband he is employed at present but as with most companies at moment his job is not very secure spoke to my or and said he wants to become self employed( gas engineer by trade) we were told that is absolutley fine there is nothing they can do if he wants to change jobs and she even advised us how to go about it.from what you say i cannot see there being a problem and you are over retirement age so if i was you do what is right for you if like us you have nothing left to lose then go for it hope you get it sorted out soon all the best hanlou
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  14:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hanlou
I am just worried about losing my car. It is sentimental value, my partner left it to me when he died. I know that doesn't cut any ice with the OR and their not interested in sentimentality. I just find it hard to beleive that they would want to take a car that is of so little value.
Go to Top of Page

hanlou

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  15:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they wont take your car if you need it for another job also i dont work have four kids but they would have taken my car even though i need it for school runs but they said someone can buy the beneficial interest and we still keep the car my car was valued at eight hundred the or accepted four hundred
Go to Top of Page

hanlou

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  15:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are ways around things keep positive x
Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  16:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't think they were interested in a car under £2000 but I must have got that wrong.
Go to Top of Page

hanlou

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2009 :  20:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i was the same as you didnt think they would be interested and i cannot get kids to school without it because of their ages they go to four different schools so was really stressed when they wanted it but thankfully my mum helped out and paid the money for it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page