Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 My wife was made bankrupt 4 years ago
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  13:55:02  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sonia, My wife is over the moon with your repies to our post's.

The problem i have found is you do not have the knoledge of what thay can do it and how they do it until you have been through it, or they do it to you.
We are up and down every day. my wife has had ups and downs for five years.
My wife started Posting on the IVA site well over a year ago, under " i was made bankrupt 3 years ago",
Have a look if you get time Sonia.

I will update as soon as the trustee has been on the phone,
(if she call's!)

Mark
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  15:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark

when you do speak to the trustee just mention that in light of there having been no deposit paid when the property was purchased plus the fact that your wife has at no point made a contribution to the mortgage utilities etc, you have been advised that under the rules of equitable accounting your wife's interest in the property is minimal, if any.

Sorry - had to edit this slightly.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey

Edited by - John on 31 March 2009 15:13:49
Go to Top of Page

leakie

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  16:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All
I have just read through the whole post,
I am horrified at the way you have been treated.
All I can give is moral support,
as I am no expert.
if you try what john has suggested . I hope it works.and they end up with next to nothing.
Stay positive Mark, don't let them wear you down,
if they do then, they have won.

All the best

Leakie
Go to Top of Page

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  16:18:52  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The trustee clarke said that they can sell with no more contact, she says that they have all rights.
and they dont need to go back to court.
she just makes threats that they can sell the house when they want!
she does not even call me back when she says she would i spoke to her at noon, she said that she would call me back staight away, 1620 and still no phone call.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  16:30:40  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheers John.
I asked about that today.
She said that becouse she is on the mortgage, that Half the home is hers, and they have got the order from the court, so they can sell at any time.
If i ask any thing any time, she just says that they have got 3 offers now, and if i cant raise the 19.5k then they will sell !
She is nice when i am saying ok to everything! Then a bully when i ask anything about anything else.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  17:35:54  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well 5 oclock and no phone call that she promised so another sleepless night ahead.
I think they know what they are doing!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  18:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would he or should he have to go/have gone to court John regarding this equity issue?
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  20:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

no not in the first instance, the matter should, in my view, be put in print and sent simultaneously to the trustee and the OR. By the OR I mean just that, not the examiner.

The trustee is now in a position where they could indeed sell the property. However, I strongly believe that a case could be put together whereby a goodly proportion of the monies that would be lost to Mark by this happening could be recovered.

Alternatively Mark could pay the asking price of £19.5K and fight on after the event.

Either way I am of the opinion that the trustee and maybe even the OR could choose to continue in the belief that Mark will give up. Just my personal opinion.

For that reason I believe Mark requires professional representation.

The options then are for the representative to write to both the trustee and the OR very soon.
Or for Mark to secure the property in his name and pursue the matter with professional help once this is done.

The other issue for Mark to consider of course is the cost of that professional help against the potential benefit.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  23:40:55  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can i just thank you john for all you help and advice.
I feel as though they going to sell my home very soon.
I have got 19 k so i can secure my home from sale, but i need to catch up with the mortgage as well as soon as i get back in to the house.
They have been in possetion for nearly four months now, and there is 4 months mortgage owing on the property now. I am normaly a month ahead with my mortgage.

John, will it be ok to call you tommorow at work?

We've tried a few times, but you must have been busy at work.

Thanks for everyone help,advice and support.

Will update again tommorrow when i call the trustee in the morning again.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  23:51:10  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can i just say that through the whole thing i have never beeh to a court hearing or had my say at court.
Partly becouse my wife was hiding it from me and partly becouse in my opinion the trustee never tried hard enough to get in touch with me.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2009 :  00:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi mark

obviously you are aware of the firm I work for and the number can be obtained via google.

Please leave your contact number and give your contact name as markm and I will call you back to discuss your options.

My working day doesn't start until 11am mark, hope that's ok for you. Not that I'm up particularly late you understand but I do the school run each morning, amongst other things, first.

Look forward to talking to you.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2009 :  00:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

those that have been following this thread will not be surprised to read that it is now the 3rd most viewed thread since the forum began and has received more replies than any other.

Mark, I think you and your lady wife have an unprecedented degree of support from the members and there is a clear desire to see that justice is done.

What you may not have realised is by having the courage to tell your story and document it's progress you will also have helped very many who could potentially be facing a similar predicament.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey

Edited by - John on 01 April 2009 00:35:33
Go to Top of Page

sonia
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2009 :  06:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck markm, you will get through this believe and when you do just have a good look back as to what happened, and who needs enemies when you got people like these money grabbing ##### trustees, my list can go on forever. And what is this country doing to help people going through financial crisis, it's because we do not have the knowledge. Your average guy will know how to pay his mortgage , bills, shop at tesco's, do the school runs and if he feels adventurous get his laptop out. What would the average man know what a trustee is and what he is capable of. And it's because he don't know and they know he don't know they think they can do what they want.
Like #### can they. If you see how far I have come with my case you my friend will surely feel inspired. Word of caution is always look at your options before doing anything. When you receive advice from anywhere think carefully before taking and like I said keep a diary of events no matter how big or small.
This is a free country and you have the right to have your opinion, and if you believe that you have been wronged by anyone there is a way to get justice, just because they have you up against the firing line at present don't mean your always be there, trust me I am in the middle of the getting justice back from what I went through. Good luck I will keep an eye out and wish you the very best.

May your troubles be less
May your blessings be more
May nothing but happiness come knocking on you door
Go to Top of Page

markm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2009 :  10:25:39  Show Profile  Click to see markm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi All...

Firstly i would like to thank everyone on this forum... im actually Marks wife (The bad girl) in all this... i just want to say without this site... we wouldnt have even getton through some of the days... n i have to say everyone who has helped me n my mark through this... i really am grateful to all conserned...
may i also say... anyone saying Bankrupsy or being made bankrupt... Is the easy option & a straight forward thing to do!!! are actually wrong... maybe the odd case yes... but on reading others on the site & actually going through this myself... no one will ever no...
as for the law... Trustee,s powers n on wot they are able to do... is really unbelievable... (the law lets this happen... the trustee is only doing there job)!!! well to be honest is besides me!!!
for 5 years... from day 1n... how we have actually getton through this & whole thing... i will never no my self... wot me n my family have gone through & wot we are still going through now...
I feel like not only did my bankrupsy... take everything from me & my family... for 5 years & still going on... me & my family have suffered alot & also they took away our happiness, lives, & trust... !!!!!!!!!!!!
up until april last year... when i finally cudnt fight & hold on to wot i had... i thought positive & stayed strong... but when all came to a head... i felt so usless & a failure to my husband n my kids... to tell the truth, i duno how i got through, just everyday life... i carnt remember a lot of my days... from the end of the summer... till now really!!! ive not even been able to come to terms with my self... for the biggest mistake, iv ever made in my life... i dont no if i ever will or can... im still not ready to face the world... as i feel so ashamed of my self...
all i think, when i open my eyes on a morning... is things can only get better... any way... enough of me moaning... dont want to make this amazing forum... as sad as me... lol... xX
n just oner say "THANX~AGAIN" everyone onit... yous are all good people... xX

my kind regards always lil shaza.

I were actually posting on IVA sister site... from april/may 08 of last year... title "i was made bankrupt 3 years ago" (that was when my world fell apart & my life went from bad to worse) xX

Go to Top of Page

sonia
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2009 :  11:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do not feel bad for what has happened, there is no need to feel ashamed, be strong. You will get through this believe me. I went through hell when my husband was made bankrupt, I had an ectopic pregnancy, 4 IVF failures my list goes on, and the one thing I have learned at nearly the age of 40 is be strong, don't let things get you down. If you think positive then positive will happen. Money and material things can be replaced and by the sound of things you have a great husband who is supporting you and that's one thing this trustee won't be able to take away from you.
I spent nearly a lifetime of feeling sorry for myself and the mistakes I made, but not now. I have taken my superwomen pills and I am ready for action. I have recovered fully and trust me my dear you will too. There are a lot of people suffering in the world today just look around, at least you will have a chance to get back on your feet. I have done a lot of studying on law and rules and have since educated myself better and know what rights I have so next time anyone wants a piece of me I will be waiting.
You have got your family and that is the most important thing of all ao hang in there, your troubles will end. At the moment you cannot think clearly because you are afraid , stressed and worried. When its all over your be able to write down and note the events of what happened and when.

P;S Don't ever feel ashamed because if you do then you have no power to carry on, be a fighter, be a lion, its life and its hard and cruel and we have better ourselves. Educate yourself on your rights, protect your future. The tables will turn slowly but surely they will,

You take care and enjoy time with your family, summers coming and remember from everything bad thing that comes you will always find something good at the end.

xxxxxx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page