Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 going bankcrupt tomorrow .... eek!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goingunder

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  10:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have my appointment booked tomorrow and im wondering if anyone can give me some info on what to expect and what i need to do? I filled in the forms online in dec but things have changed a lot since then, so i need to redo them again today. Do i need to take 3 copies of the form? Can i include money owed on utilities or just cards? And I have quit my job, and am due to start a new one at the end of march, and will also be moving house to rented. Should i fill in the figures as what I will be expecting my income and expenditure to be? Sorry, last minute panic!!

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  11:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi goingunder,

Try not to worry about tomorrow. Easy to say I Know, but I went through this last week after months of delaying it and I must admit it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be. Maybe I was lucky. I arrived at court, not needing to make an appointment and just to be on the safe side, I arrived early and was the first there. Before I submitted my completed forms, there was a debt advice chap there to go through the forms with me to make sure they were all correct. I was then taken down to the clerk to make the payment and check through the forms once again. I didn't even see the judge. All in all, it took about 3 hours and that was it. I haven't heard from the OR yet, even though I was expecting a phone call on the day as this is what I thought the normal procedure was. I have since been told that the OR can take up to 2 weeks to get in touch, so I will just have to wait I guess. I still feel like I'm in a kind of limbo and I suppose I won't really be happy until the OR meeting has taken place and I know what my IPA is going to be. I think the OR bit is going to be a lot more daunting that the actual petitioning for BK. Then again, I could be wrong (again) and it could all go okay. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow and just think, this time tomorrow, it will all be over and you can look forward to a new start.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

Melanie.n
forum expert

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  12:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Going under
In answer to your question ALL debts have to be included - anyone that you owe money to. YOu will need 3 copies and remember that you sign and date them at the court in front of the clerk when you pay your fee. Depending on the practice operated by the particular court you are attending, the clerke will either take the forms off you go see the judge come back to you hand you back 1 copy and inform you that the order has been made and the official receiver will be in touch to book a telephone appointment or you may be put on the phone to the OR's office to book the appointment alternatively you may get to see the judge yourself (not daunting, just a person who is going to confirm your name and address and also ask whether you have taken any advice etc, then hand you a copy of the forms with the order made - all takes about 5 minutes. You may have a couple of weeks wait for your appointment with the OR due to volumes of work.

Good luck fot tomorrow, and remember to let us know how it goes,and if you need us you know where we are

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  15:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck for tomorrow goingunder.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

goingunder

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  15:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone i will keep you all informed! I didnt know about signing and dating in front of the clerk, good job you told me :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page