Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Its now been 6 weeks since my OR interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin55

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2009 :  16:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its now been 6 weeks since my OR interview and I have heard nothing which feels REALLY good!! I still have a couple of unsettling queries though, can anyone help please?

I sent a voluntary surrender letter to the Halifax 5 weeks ago after not paying my mortgage since October. I also gave them my OR's contact details and informed them that I moved out back in January, however I still receive a dozen calls a day from them (which I never answer) and I have heard that they persistantly visit my empty flat??!!

How long can this possibly go on for and what on earth do they expect to gain?? I'm just worried I will be liable for any maintenance if they do not take it back..

Secondly there is no doubt I need my car as I do 25,000 business miles a year. Its worth between £2000-£3000 but my OR amended it to £2100 to avoid interest.

Does anybody think I could still hear about having to downgrade my car after this amount of time? I attended the Brighton Court and the positive side of me is saying they must be snowed under and surely I'll be forgotten.....?

I would just really like some peace of mind now. Any advice however approximate would be gratefully received! :o)

warsteiner
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2009 :  16:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would call the OR and ask if everything is ok or if there is a need for another interview and when you should start the IPA payments.
Go to Top of Page

Robin55

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2009 :  18:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply.

I haven't had to deal with an IPA as my income has come down.

I wish I was confident enough to call my OR but I'm genuinely scared to do it because I dont want to ruin a good thing and unearth any queries that may otherwise just be forgotten...

Has anyone had any experience with their OR contacting them this far down the line for any reason??

I know they have a year to come back to us in theory but I'm really really interested to know if its ever actually the case, especially in such a bad time like now, where I'm sure they are busier and busier by the day..

RB
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2009 :  18:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the OR adjusted the value of your car to avoid interest it would seem that they are not interested.
as far as the flat goes if you have posted the keys back to the mortgage provider and any mortgage shortfall was listed on your Forms then i think you should be fine.

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.
Life's too short!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page