Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 income and expenditure - 4 months after BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goingunder

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2009 :  10:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I was made BR in March, and have this morning received another I&E form to complete and send back. I advised them at my OR Interview that partner has been made redundant, and of my new I&E in April. Do you think they are checking to see if he has a job yet (he hasnt) or considering early discharge?
Thanks

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2009 :  11:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
could be for early discharge, this happened to us about the same time
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2009 :  12:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Sorry if I sound a little ignorant, but what has an I&E got to do with early discharge?

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2009 :  12:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once the OR has finished their investigation the details get handed off to the RTLU. If someone is being considered for ED then they are sent another IPOQ (I&E) to complete so sometimes receiving another I&E is a sign that ED may be on the cards.

It's only been 4 months since your BR and normally the earliest for an ED is 6 months so it's a bit early but you could give the OR a call and see if they think you will be eligible for an ED and see what they say.
Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2009 :  14:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got ED just before 6 months (but I was not working) and hubby received his I&E form at about 4 months, from this there was a bit of a wrangle over an IPA so that delayed his ED for another month, he got it a month after mine
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2009 :  16:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I declared myself bankrupt in March this year and a month later completed an I&E. I received an IPA. Then another 2 months later I received another I&E to complete from the RTLU, which I did. They responded with a change in the amount of monthly IPA I had to pay (even though my pay had increased slightly, and they were aware of this). I'm confused now though. Does this mean I might be looking at an early discharge. I have heard nothing from my OR since May and nothing from RTLU either. I don't want to contact either for fear of disturbing the hornets nest as it were. Would rather keep my head down to be honest. I suppose I've only got another 7 months to go, so doesn't really make much difference if I get an early discharge or not. The only thing I am nervous about is getting a BRU, which I was expecting as a substantial part of my debts was gambling orientated. So far, I haven't heard anything and to be honest, when I did speak to my OR all those months ago, she did bring up the possibility of a BRU, but didn't go on about it and said that even if I did, it would only be a couple of years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get one at all though.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page