Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Ive finaly got a current account
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  10:16:14  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well after loads of searching, ive finaly got an account.

Its with the Coventry Building Society it is their callsaver money manager 2 account, opened it on monday got card today, thhey are really nice on the phone, and I have been given a full visa debit card (2 in 1) not a dressed up eelectron card it has internet banking and phone banking too.

Im really impressed and they dont do credit scores they dont accept Undischarged BR but once you are I would recommend.

Its a savings account but has bill payment facilities.

Stu J Byron

focus320
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  13:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Stu

I've tried to get a regular account since being discharged in May, but haven't had any luck.

Did you open this account online or over the phone ? I checked their website and I could see any reference to the account.

Did you also get a cheque book ??

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  15:30:56  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

It is open online, print the forms off and send it, you will havve the card within a week.

The Link is:

http://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/savings/ProductFeatures.aspx?ProdCode=CMM2

Dont apply for their first account as that is the current account with an overdraft and a credit score, which will reject, however the abve account is a savings account with bill payment facilities.

They dont credit score but they do check the insolvency register and the electrol roll online.

They give you a 2 in 1 debit/ATM Card which is visa debit/delta and not a dressed up electron.

You get online and phone banking, faster payments and also a £500 withdrawal limit from the card.

They will let you open another savings account once this is open which gives you a cashcard.

You dont get a cheque book.

Best of luck

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  15:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you've got an account - I hope you're happy with this one!

I've only had a quick look at the account, but how do you pay in cash? I don't do it very often, but I use the Post Office, which is very convenient and I couldn't see that there were in the South.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  16:04:37  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I rung up and asked them and they said its all through the post, I never pay cash into my account, I do pay cheques, so if cash occured I would give it to my mum and then ask her to transfer it over.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  16:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for clearing that up Stu. It's a shame they can't be linked to the Post Office. It might help keep the PO's open as well!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  17:00:12  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought that too, since more and more banks and Building societies are linking with the Post Office these days, maybe it would be something they would introduce in the future, they do seem like an inovative company.

Thanks

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

swbankruptcy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  19:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went with the Co-op - we can pay cheques in at the Post Office but we can pay cash in at any co-op branch - acount was opened over the phone
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  19:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with the Co-op as well. We don't have a Co-op branch round here so if I need to pay in cash or cheques I do it at the Post Office, which is about 2 minutes from home!

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  19:53:30  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont like the coop, the three strikes threat, the dressed up electron debit, is totally unethical for customers I dont mind forfitting the post office access, for a better acount in my eyes.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  19:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to pay cash into my account to make sure the DD's are covered. I have no one who can do it for me and no idea where my nearest branch of the Coventry is.

I think the Co-op is by far the better bank.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  20:08:12  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Each to their own Jan

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  20:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't see what the problem is with the 3 strikes rule, it's made me far more aware of what goes in and out of my account.

I am happy with their ethics and I can put up with a Visa Electron card as I know that they don't invest money in organisations that exploit animals or humans or invest in the arms trade. That to me is more important.

Did you ever write to the Co-op to complain?

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2009 :  20:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you have someone who can do that for you Stu. I, and a lot of other people whose friends and relatives don't know of their situation, don't have that option.

I also wouldn't want more than one bank account going at any one time. Total confusion is a danger there I think.

I'm all for ethical banking as well.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Morwenna
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2009 :  00:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
co-op have got rid of the electon card now and it is a visa also got a little gizmo card reader to do transactions on the computer the same as i have with my barclays account at the moment well until tomorrow lol!! mind you they must have so much new custom they have had to move with the times as a lot of places dont accept electron
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2009 :  10:04:44  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

The coop visa debit is still the electron just dressed up, look at the card start numbers 45087500 it can confuse some places that take visa electron or visa debit.

And of course they do the 3 strikes and your out rule.

Not really an ethical bank

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page