Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Housekeeping costs -
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

panicked-mum

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2009 :  18:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Housekeeping costs - We spend on average around £120 per week on food/cleaning products & nappies. We've taken this figure and multiplied it by 52 weeks and divided by 12 months which leaves us with a monthly average of £520 per month. Do you think for a family consisting of 2 adults, a 15 year old and a 2 year old this will be seen as too high?
Also, my 2 year old attends a private nursery 2 days a week - do I list this expense under other essential items? I know that tax credits will continue to contribute to this cost whilst I'm on maternity leave with my 3rd child (yet to be born!) but will the OR allow me to keep him in nursery whilst I'm off? I would hate to take him out of nursery for 9 months and risk losing his place and causing him distress when he has to return at a later date having become used to being at home all week! Surely continuity is the best policy?

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2009 :  19:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The allowance for two adults/children is £504 per month so this should be fine.

You could put the nursery under 'child care' and then mention to the OR what this is when you have the interview.
Go to Top of Page

panicked-mum

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2009 :  20:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The online forms are a nightmare - they only have a handful of outgoing catagories pre-listed, we've then had to 'lump' together all the other bits and pieces, car tax, insurance, childcare, school meals etc.It doesn't even then give you room to list how this figure is made up!
The nursery IS childcare - its a day nursery (as opposed to a childminder) where he goes whilst I'm normally at work. Just concerned that the OR will deem it unecessary whilst I'm on maternity leave. Fingers crossed he won't!
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  11:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought there was a box where you could do a breakdown?

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

27 IPA payments made, 9 to go - in single figures!
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  11:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I remember rightly the box underneath when the expenses could be broken down isn't accessible in the online forms i.e. you can't enter anything there. I broke my I&E down and just wrote the expenses in the box after I had printed the form out.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  11:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's changed since I did it as I know I didn't write anything on the forms afterwards.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

27 IPA payments made, 9 to go - in single figures!
Go to Top of Page

panicked-mum

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  21:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will allow you to put so many items in the box but then stops! We just hand wrote on the remaining items once printed off.

All went smoothly at court today, only there about 45 minutes and that included a brief conversation with the OR over phone too! The OR then rang us again unexpectedly this afternoon to ask further questions and arrange a date for our interview which is on the 26th (arghhhhh!!). I'm dreading the interview but glad we've finally been declared bankrupt!
Go to Top of Page

charlie44

231 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2009 :  13:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news PM, good luck for the future and don`t worry about your interview (easier said than done I know)

Edited by - charlie44 on 17 October 2009 13:14:08
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2011 :  05:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad your court visit went smoothly Panicked Mum.
I am sure that you will be fine for your interview, I'm presuming that it is a telephone interview?
Just make sure that you have your paperwork in front of you & a drink, Hubby had tea I had wine!!!!!!
Good Luck & let us know how things progress.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2011 :  05:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have just noticed that this is an old posting
Apologies, am putting it down to lack of sleep!!!

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page