Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 postings from 2007
 please can you advise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nick

170 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2007 :  19:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posted - 21 March 2007 : 19:27:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE? I AM GOING TO COURT TOMORROW AT 10.30AM TO HAND IN MY PETITION FOR BC.

HAVE TO FILL ALL THESE 30PAGES. I AM A BIT CONFUSED BY SOME OF THE QUESTIONS. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS A GUIDANCE BOOK I CAN DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OFF. IF SO WHAT IS THE WEB ADDRESS,

MY PROBLEM IS THAT MY WAGES GO INTO MY BANK TOMORROW. IS IT ADVISABLE TO DRAW MY MONEY OUT BEFORE GOING TO COURT AS I NEED MONEY FOR THE COMING WEEKS BILLS ETC. ALSO IS IT TRUE THAT THE ACCOUNT IS MUST SHOW A ZERO BALANCE BEFORE THE JUDGE WILL MAKE ME BANKRUPT? LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ADVISE

MANY THANKS NICK

scaredkez

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2007 :  22:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nick i am going br soon also and all i would say is be very realistic in your living amounts, and yes draw your wages out tomorrow as you will need them to live on as your bank account will be frozen, once you have been made BR have you thought about what account you will be going for with which bank then maybe deposit it there, i know the clerk at the court where i am will help you fill them in but don't know if maybe you have left it a bit late, if you go on the insolvency site and go to search and type in bankruptcy income and expenditure allowance it brings up several finds but it tells you the things that you can put on your forms such as haircuts , holidays etc everyone is individual also depending on their circumstances, i wish you luck post and let us know how you get on
kerri
Go to Top of Page

maff

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2007 :  16:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in court aswell this morning nick, hope it went ok for you. maff
Go to Top of Page

hellybelly

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2007 :  07:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Draw the money out, but you're bank account will not be autimatically frozen, ask the OR about it.

My partners is still open and the OR recommended to the bank that it be kept open for his wages.

If you don't owe the bank and you have no credit with them they may keep it open, so ask the OR.
Go to Top of Page

Debtdummy

United Kingdom
267 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2007 :  11:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hellybelly, when an OR has no interest in the bank account he then contacts the bank notifying it of the bankrupt person. It is then up to the bank whether or not they freeze the account. If they decide to freeze it, it is because that is it's policy regarding bankrupt account holder. The banks terms and conditions will determine how this is handled. If wages go in or the account appears to 'be live' he will not be able to withdraw funds.

This is why it is prudent for people to open a new account after the District Judge approves the petition. They are absolutely positive they will have funds available.

Contact the Insolvency Helpline for further information:0845 602 9848

Hope this helped.

All I have left is my sense of humour.
Go to Top of Page

hellybelly

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2007 :  11:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We actually went into Lloyds yesterday and they told us it's not there policy to freeze any account with no debt on it, they said he has their basic account anyway so they would not have any need to freeze or close it.

The lady there said she has dealt with bankruptcies before and in her opinion, my partners account would be fine.

He has no overdraft, no cheque book, he has a debit card and thats it, he has held the account for approx. 12 years and never had any problem with them.

Yorkshire bank told us, they couldn't give us an account unless we were already customers of theirs and even if they were one of our creditors they would still help, but not if we are new customers!

Hardly makes sense!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page