Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 my partner has an agreed overdraft limit of £4000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

worried
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2009 :  15:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my partner has an agreed overdraft limit of £4000 with barclays. when we moved house a year ago we forgot to change our address but we did make payments to ensure the balance was below it's agreed limit up until about 6 months ago. We realised recently that we have not been keeping an eye on the account and that we should contact them to check we are still within the agreed limit and if we had gone over the limit we were going to pay to get back within it. However they have stopped us being able to log online to see it and when we rang them they said the account has been closed? (yet we knew there was approx £4000 of the overdraft being used).

We have tried to ring and write to all different departments to make a payment to be back within the agreed limit but no one at barclays will help.

Then today got a phone call from debt managers ltd saying can we pay them £4300! er no we cant.. we are barely able to meet all our other minimum payments on cards and are looking into what is the next move for us. because we have kept up to date with all our other credit cards should we try and pay them something?

and what will the debt collectors do next? will they come to the house? my partner refused to give them our home address but they did take his work details. Will they visit him there. I think we should have given them the address so if they write to us we at least know whats going on? They said he will be taken to court if he doesnt pay - does this mean a ccj or will they file for his bankruptcy?

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2009 :  15:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The debt collection company are unlikely to turn up at your husband's work place. If they decide to take you to court it will likely be for a CCJ rather than BR.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page