Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Help and advice please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chazhavnfun
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  21:25:04  Show Profile  Click to see Chazhavnfun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just wondered if anyone can give me some advice, Me and my husband have been advised by frontline fife (about our rent arrears) to declaire joint bankrupcy. We have so much debt as well as £3000 rent arrears. We are due up in court for eviction but our adviser said if we file for bankruptcy they will see it in our favour. We are way in over our heads. We have 3 kids under 6 and im really scaired.
I just wondered how long this will take? We are waiting for a phone call for advice just now. Also the lady said our rent and council tax will be wiped because of the new bankruptcy law. I really dont know anything about this so any advice would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

xcx

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  21:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chaz

welcome to the forum

your starting situation is not dissimular to many of us that post on this forum.

when my situation finally came to head my mind was absolutly spinning with what if and fears.

away from this forum I had too many people giving me well meaning advice but it was only advice to the individual question i had posed and it came from people who had no direct experience.

if you are looking for suggestions and ideas, i would say compose an email outlinning all of your circumstances, income expenditure, savings everything about you and the whole family

then contact one of the experts on this forum, once they have your whole scenario they will be able to advice if BR is appropriate or what other course of action that you can take.

I found the help and support Paul and ken @ reviva provided to be invaluable

it has managed to enable me to get my families life back on track

Good luck and keep posting

regards Richard P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page