Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 IPA set up Hi allThank you all for your help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kev76
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2009 :  18:21:30  Show Profile  Visit kev76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IPA set up
Hi all

Thank you all for your help and guidance over a very difficult and stressful 2 months.

I have now had my interview with the OR (I need not have worried - he was very helpful, understanding and not in the slightest judgemental)

I have a couple of questions left -

1. They have said in my letter that the 1st IPA payment will be on or after 5th Januray 2010 - does that mean they will back date any money owed to my bankruptcy date? or can i use any saved money for Christmas?

2. They also say i'm getting a nil tax code from approximately January 2010, meaning that i will be getting my tax back of approx 230 per month? How do i pay this to the recievers? Or is it still taken from my wage and given to them? or do i make an increased IPA payment until end of the tax year??

I'm just a bit confused and the reciever said that until its all signed and sent to "moon Beaver" they cant tell me how things are collected :-(

Thanks again for everyones support

Kev

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2009 :  18:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
once you are given the NT tax code and paid gross, save the money you would have paid in tax and give it to Moonbeaver they are the normal solicitors used by the OR to collect the NT IPA

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2009 :  18:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kev

well done on your OR appointment pleased that he was helpful and understanding

1) you stated that the letter said the 1st payment is on 5th of Jan. so be it Happy xmas

2) Tax code / moon beaver you will have the nil tax at source, the extra £230 gets paid to you, you must put this money aside... in a hyperthetical world moon beaver will contact you on the same date as the tax gets paid to you and make arrangements to transfer cash.. however in the real world they are over run with work and it could be 2 or 3 months before they contact you.. please do not be tempted to spend the moon beaver cash.

moon beaver are a seperate company from the OR with purpose of getting your tax money, they report dircetly to OR if any problems.

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

dean69
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2009 :  19:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kev,i'm in the same position as you and had my meeting with the OR last friday. He told me my IPA would start in January which would give me the chance to get christmas out of the way first. It sounds like you have been given that chance too.
Have a great christmas,
Dean.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page