Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Case worker and OR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2009 :  12:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case worker and OR

Hello,

Could anyone tell me what the whether the case worker and OR are the same thing please? When I first became bankrupt I had dealings with the OR in Northampton and she seemed very friendly to deal with. However, my case was then transferred to the RTLU Ipswich and I now have a case worker, who I must admit, seems to be a lot stricter. I am confused as to whether I still have the same OR as I started with or is this case worker at RTLU now my OR?

Can anyone please help me?

xmas baby

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2009 :  13:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your case has been passed to the RTLU then you will have a different case worker and it won't be the OR that you originally dealt with.

There have been a few reports of people finding the RTLU stricter than the OR so I don't know whether the RTLU are clamping down on outgoings, etc. or whether it is just the way that they work.

The OR is no longer dealing with your case, which is why it has passed to the RTLU so you will only be dealing with the RTLU from now on.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2009 :  13:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you were dealing with the OR's office you would have been speaking to an examiner, and not the OR.

When your case is transferred to the RTLU it means that the OR's office has finished with your case and you now deal with your case worker at the RTLU.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

28 IPA payments made, 8 to go - in single figures!
Go to Top of Page

Melanie.n
forum expert

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2009 :  13:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YOur original Official Receiver will not change - as you have an IPO/IPA in place your 'case file' has been sent to the regional unit to administer - it is the case worker at the RTLU you wuill now have to deal with but your original OR 'holds' your case

Hope this helps

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
email me at melanienicholas@jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2009 :  16:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for confirming that, Melanie.

To be honest, the more I look into this, the more confused I am. When I first declared BK, I spoke to someone at the local OR's office, who went through the reasons for bankruptcy, etc and arranged for the IPA. However, looking at some correspondance from their offices, I don't think this person was the OR. The name of my OR is different to the person I originally spoke to. I don't think I've ever spoken to my actual OR. This doesn't sound right does it?

My case has been transferred months ago to RTLU, so whoever the OR was dealing with my case, has finished looking into my case I assume. I'm just a bit worried that I have been speaking to the wrong person all along, thinking they were my OR.

Not sure whether I should now phone the OR, whose name I have, just to put my mind at rest or whether, after 9 months, I should just let it lie?

Any advice?

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2009 :  16:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Xmas

Most people never actually speak to the "OR". There is only one per office and is a figure head, Like if you deal with the police you never speak to the Chief superintendant who is ultimitly resposible for your case.

The person who does the interview is called the examiner who makes all of the recomendations and some times decisions. They are overseen by the Assistant Official receiver (AOR)(about 4 per office).
Then there is a person who handles the administration called the case officer.
so in order of rank

Case oficer
Examiner
AOR
OR

Edited by - debtinfo on 30 November 2009 16:29:03
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  11:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debtinfo,

Thanks very much for clearing that up. Really helpful. I think everyone keeps mentioning the OR interview and OR this and that and it makes sense now that most people don't actually speak with the OR, but the examiner. Makes perfect sense.

That makes me feel a little better knowing the case officer has no influence on the decisions already made by the OR's office and that they just administer your file.

Thanks again. Have a great day!

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  17:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries its just one of those technical formality things that they call it an OR inteview when no one actually speaks to an OR,LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page