Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Can anyone REALLY tell me that this time next year
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jackie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2009 :  09:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya All,
Well this time last yr we were going for it, then there was yet another contract heading our way for a year (actually lasted 3 mths) so we are back to the start. We are booked in for this Tues, got the money together. Really ill over it all, its a case of do or die . Life has been pants for 12 plus mths but now my date is getting closer I am feeling all the sicker. The thought of us possibly being in the papers and word getting back to my kids is killing me. Can anyone REALLY tell me that this time next yr will be different? I dont want to do more time than we have, the arguements, kids crying etc all for nothing. My hubby has posted a few times (Trogg).

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2009 :  11:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jackie,

Don't worry about being named in the local papers as this doesn't automatically happen any more. The OR can publish the names if they feel that you haven't been completely honest and that there may be more creditors out there that you have declared so just be completely honest with the OR.

The next year will definitely be different and next Xmas you will look back and be amazed at how easy the whole BR process was.

When is your BR date? Shortly after your court date you will have an interview with the OR and then within 3 months of the BR date pretty much everything will have been sorted (IPA implemented, NT Tax Code, car exemption, etc.) and then it will just be a case of waiting for AD or you may be luck enough to get an ED.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2009 :  11:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jackie & Trogg

My Wife went BR 6 months ago , I went yesterday

so far it is totally different, stres levels down, we can answer the phone without being hastled

yes we will have to be frugal for the next X months but even if we get n IPA it should be less than all of the outgoings to service the debts !

good luck regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2009 :  12:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will be fine Jackie and I am sure that this time next week you will be wondering what all the fuss was about!

Good luck.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2009 :  12:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jackie,

Nice to see you and regards to Mark (Trog)...

Just to say, you will probably (almost definately) NOT be in the local paper. You will be in the London Gazzette and maybe Stubbs Gazette - who on earth reads them???

I wish you and your family well for the Christmas period and for a very good 2010.

Regards, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Go to Top of Page

Jackie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2009 :  19:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya All,
Thanks for all the comments. We have to go down tom with paperwork and fees then Tues we are back to go br. Talk about wishing our lives away its unreal. I will let you know how we get on.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2009 :  20:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck on Tuesday Jackie

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2009 :  21:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jackie, I can assure you that this time next year (and before!) you will feel totally different. This will sound corny but for me it changed my life - I was no longer constantly worrying about money and I felt I could move on with my life.

My partner and I became closer, and the fact that every penny I had wasn't being spent on my debts meant that we could move from our flat to a nicer area as I could actually contribute.

Good luck to you both for Tuesday, you'll both be fine xxx

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

29 IPA payments made, 7 to go - in single figures!
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2009 :  21:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jackie

We all have reservations and it is a step into the unknown - for the majority of us, it is the best move.

I was thinking i was doing well - in the event I was trying to stop the Titanic from sinking...

yes, there will be times when you may think it is such a step and it is - a giant leap - there are people to support you on this forum so go forward, be positive, and start a new life - (I sound like Billy Graham!! - who is that old on the Forum?)

You may still have arguements - but that is life - I will have a great Christmas this year - not as many presents as normal, but I will not have borrowed a penny - over the years, we have bought cars for Christmas presents - I bought a Jag one year - On an agreement - but it was silly looking back - Be happy and support each other

I am Billy Graham! Good luck next week and post back, Richard

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2009 :  09:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know who Billy Graham is...

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

29 IPA payments made, 7 to go - in single figures!
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2009 :  15:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Skippy!! x

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2009 :  17:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know who Billy Graham is as well!

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Jackie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2009 :  23:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again Thanks so much for comments.
Well we went down today to pay fees and go through paperwork. We went to county court only to be told we didnt have an appointment. I whispered to the bloke that possibly it would be put down as tom as we were only here to go through paper work and pay fees before going br tom. He looked down his list and told the other 2 in the waiting room "MR AND MRS XXXXXXXXX , NOW FOR BANKRUCY YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OTHER BUILDING". I could of died to say the least.....I told him why not announce it to everyone cos they didnt here you. He just gave us a look and told us where we had to go. We went round the corner and met a really nice lady, she went through our forms and we swore before her and handed ower fees. This was £510 each. She told us what to expect tom...., as usual, I fell to bits when she was going throught the implications of going br. But she REALLY was lovely. We have to be down @ court for 0945 tom. She also told me that this was the start of something new with no debt, I was to busy wipeing my nose on me sleeve. I will post tom and will just take a loo roll with me tom, to hell with makeup.
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2009 :  08:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kallis x

We have a cold and icy outside - not venturing out today unless I need to.

Regards, Richard (AKA Billy!)

Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2009 :  08:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jackie

Good luck for today x

Go to Top of Page

Jackie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2009 :  12:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well thats us. Arrived @ 0945, spoke to the admin officer who then went to c the judge. She was back with in 10 mins with our br numbers. We didnt need to c a judge. She called the ors office and we spoke to them for approx 10mins. So far they have all been lovely, we have to wait for paperwork to come then an interview with or. She told us our names will not go in the local paper as it cost too much, so Im quite relieved about that. Maybe get a decent nights sleep now. Thanks again for all comments and hope you all have a lovely Xmas and Brill New Year xx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page