Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi after 9 mts of dealing with recovery company
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2009 :  20:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi after 9 mts of dealing with recovery company , passed on to us after 4 hrs with solicitor , 3 weeks ago the recovery company decided an IVA was not the best option ,that B/R would be a better . !im angry , all these months of worry , B/R could have started 9 mths ago ! acted for us after 7 mths then started sending us recovery letters from one of our creditors !! acting for us and against us ! husband contacted them about this , after that they became less interested , husband went to see them and they said we now think best option be B/R . advised me to buy my husbands out of our shared property told him creditors would more than likely accept an IVA with funds available . I proceeded with mortgage 4 weeks before completion they said ask your lender to delay ! at the same time my husband recieved a recovery letter from them !strange then we were no longer right for an IVA . I took advice was advised to get mortgage asap , a charge could be put on property ! new mortgage done 4 weeks ago and banked husbands equity for who ever may request it . im sure not done anything illegal. Im not involved in B/R im a wife supporting a husband !
Husband had buisness struggled with recession and lost £30k a month turn- over B/R customers .As LTD they asked the bank to accomodate with slow finacial period ! no help or options , There accountants advised insolvency . It was LTD , required was his PG £15k . traded alone for 10y join forces with patner and all machinery and assets in the new company ! other company is in solvent 3 creditor of machinery are now saying they go back to original signature on finance we now got £90k !to find ! £15k is personal debt he has £25k lock stock and barrel !!!!!! SO AFTER ALL THAT story will he be looked upon as bad in B/R and do you think B/R is his best option ,sorry its a long story, which only seems to get longer

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2009 :  20:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best advice i could give you is take some professional advice from a trusted recommended insolvency professional
there are 2 on this forum Paul Johns from RevivaUK www.revivauk.com and mel from jones giles www.jonesgiles.co.uk
either of them will give good advice free to assist you

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page