Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 A quick question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Help007

91 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2009 :  12:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope this is just a quick question to answer, I recently wrote to all my creditors asking them to update my credit file following my discharge, I have today received a response from one asking for my discharge papers in order to update. I have no papers as assume automatic discharge you get none so do they want a copy of the discharge certificate? For this I need to get from the court? Also it is £60 and to get it I have to write to the court, so how do I make the £60 payment as obviously I have no cheque book? Any ideas please?

Thanks

PS. Happy New year to all, hope 2010 is better debt free year for everyone.

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2009 :  12:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you print a copy of the page on the insolvency register showing that you are discharged? Most creditors will accept this.

If not, you can try asking the OR for a letter confirming that you are discharged.

Failing that, unfortunately it's £60 to the court. Also, a word of warning - I read on another forum that someone had sent their certificate of discharge to a creditor (Sainsburys Bank I think) and when they contacted them to ask whether it had been sent back they were told that it wouldn't be. It had been shredded as that's their procedure!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

30 IPA payments made, 6 to go - the end is in sight!
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2009 :  12:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, if you were discharged in the last 3 months it will show discharged on the insolvency register which you can print off and send them, Its free so worth a try first. If you are past that point, or they wont accept it then yes the certificate of discharge is the way to go. you could go in person and do it by cash, or a postal order of bankers draught
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page