Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 All help appreciated to sort out what I am up against claim for share of interest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Loz.55
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2014 :  01:07:02  Show Profile  Visit Loz.55's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

to cut a long story short,I received a letter from my ex's trustee, they are looking for ex's share of the interest in what was once joint property, it is now soley mine, transferred in feb 2010,and mortgaged by myself in june 2010,(to give ex more money) ex was made bankrupt march 2011 by a creditor.

There has been no correspondance to me at all apart from this letter dated 27th June, I have done a bit of research on here but basically need it in laymans terms what I am up against.

I read something about three year rule ?? so to me that means starting in march 2011 and ending in march 2014 for them to start any proceedings is that correct, I also read on the accountant in bankruptcy website that all partys should have been notified there was still an interest by ex and that now resides with trustee, again no notice of this,apart from this letter recieved today.

Am I right in thinking apart from the fact ex received money for signing house over, although some was before and after signing it over to me,the trustee has not acted in the three year timescale as well as not keeping me informed that they think ex still has an interest?

all help will be greatfully accepted

:-(

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2014 :  07:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking back at your other posts, you were negotiating with them last year, how did that go?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Blackie
forum expert

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2014 :  11:49:08  Show Profile  Visit Blackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Loz.55

As Viki so rightly points out, you have been in discussions with the OR so this can not come as a complete surprise. I think that the problem may stem from the fact that the house was transferred to you one year before the bankruptcy which may have been seen by the OR as your ex attempting to get rid of an asset.
Also as I have always said, I think that the fact a creditor made your ex bankrupt as opposed to her making herself bankrupt may have gone against her.
Anyway do come back to the forum with an answer to Viki's question and we can go from there.

All the best

John

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please telephone me on FREEPHONE 0800 298 0253
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page