•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forum Questions
 I have become the registered keeper for the car owned by my father.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2016 :  10:45:14  Show Profile  Visit Stephen.70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thankyou for reply regarding using my fathers vehicle. I forgot to mention I have become the registered keeper with the DVLA V5 logbook for vehicle taxing purposes. Whilst using the car. Would I need to transfer that back into my fathers name who has ownership of the car? If I was to declare bankruptcy


United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2016 :  12:05:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should say on the registration document that the registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner - if you have paperwork to back this up then you should be ok.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2016 :  14:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stephen,

You will just need to show documents proving that the car was purchased by your father, it is owned by him and he is just letting you use it. Your Dad's bank statements showing the payment made and the invoice for the purchase in your Dad's name are the kind of documents they will be looking for.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06