Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Handing back the keys.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  12:42:54  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The key here is to get into a rental prior to BR as it will be very challenging to pass the credit check whilst BR (I've known agents insist on 6 months up front for an undischarged BR).

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  13:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Julian
Thanks for that and also your other kind words from my other questions.
I need to get a release from all of this and get on with my life. I have an appt with the council next week to see where we stand with them and on her advice we had to wait to see her before we went for the BK hearing. I am trying to find somewhere to live as i dont want to be homeless with my children esp as one is disabled and needs stability in his life. Will that go for us seeing as he needs that familiar surroundings as any thing other can cause distress, the other 2 are at primary school and looking forward to moving one day, we just said that we may be moving and named a few places that we may go too that way no one gets upset and its not there problem its ours and i dont want them dragged into it.
I so much want to put a sticky plaster on life and make it better but cant, i am just concerned about where we will go.
I dont care about the house or the car im glad that the finance co have agreed to take it, i know there will still be a debt but at least they can have there goods back.
Please put my mind at rest, should i just stay here and see what happens, my dad said he would help with any deposit and i dont want to do anything without speaking the the council adviser first, as she toldme they need to know if i have intentionally made myself homeless with the debts and i know that we have not and that now we have no choice.
Best regards
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  15:35:52  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,

To be safe, I would suggest handing the keys back, getting into a rental and then going BR. By doing things in this order, you have a roof over your head and ensure any shortfall in the property gets written off in your BR.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page