Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 i am around 46k in dept
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ripley3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2010 :  19:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am around 46k in dept ccs b loans was advised 2 to 3 years ago to go bankrupt by the cccs and cab but i thought my dept try to pay didnt work have now blanked all creditors eg dose not live at this address changed phone num now i find out they are sending telegrames to people with my surname now i need to go BANKRUPT just a couple of problems i have been seperated from wife for 11 years she is buying her house of the council i have nothing to do with the house or morgage can they touch her house.i am a self employed taxi driver and have no tax num and they seem to need a tax num to go bankrupt (not paid any tax )thanks any help would help

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2010 :  06:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have been separated from your wife for 11 years then the OR will not be interested in her house.

I am not too sure about the tax issue as I haven't heard of anyone without a tax number but one of the other experts may be able to assist on this.

You may want to give Paul from RevivaUK (http://www.revivauk.com/) a call regarding your situation with your taxi business. Being self employed and presumably having your own taxi can sometimes need to be handled properly when declaring BR to make sure that aren't any problems down the line.
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2010 :  08:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum,

I too suggest that you speak to one of the insolvency experts - on the left hand side of the page.

They will guide you on the tax side and the taxi business. Is the car worth a lot of money - is it a luxury cab? I do not know whay you do not have a tax code though - assume that the income is below any threshold?

On the property front, if your wife and you have been separated for 11 years and the property is in her name only, I cannot see that the OR will see that you have any interest in it.

Once you have spoken to or rmailed one of the insolvency experts, things will become clearer. Regards, Richard

I wish youwell, Richard

"Life is generally something that happens elsewhere" (Alan Bennett - author and one of my best heroes!!)
Go to Top of Page

Steve Thatcher

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2010 :  11:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Steve Thatcher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I can't understand why you don't have a tax code either. I have just taken a taxi driver through the process and so if you want to PM me feel free.

Steve Thatcher
Go to Top of Page

ripley3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  17:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ripley3 here just to say i am only a taxi driver i dont own the car i rent for 250 a week and have never got round to paying tax as i really never earn that muth so i dont have a tax code to put on br form
Go to Top of Page

ripley3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  18:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ripley3 here just to say i am only a taxi driver i dont own the car i rent for 250 a week and have never got round to paying tax as i really never earn that muth so i dont have a tax code to put on br form
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  18:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if you don't earn enough to pay tax you would still have a tax code. How have you set up your self employed business?

I really think you should call one of the companies below as it may be that you need to make arrangements with HMRC regarding your tax issues. If you find that you HMRC money for unpaid tax then it can be included in your BR:

Reviva UK: http://www.revivauk.com/
Jones Giles - http://www.jonesgiles.co.uk/

Edited by - gettingoutofdebt on 28 January 2010 18:20:06
Go to Top of Page

ripley3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  18:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is not my business i just work for a company
Go to Top of Page

ripley3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  19:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i didnt know you could include unpaid tax in your br
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2010 :  06:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of self employed people include unpaid tax in their BR and this is quite a normal procedure. If you are employed by a company then you would normally be PAYE (Pay As You Earn) and the tax would automatically be taken out of your earnings. The company would also have you tax number so you should ask them for this.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page