Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Joining Sky During BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carl

115 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2010 :  13:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning forum

Quick question if thats ok about possibly joining Sky during my BR. I don't currently have Sky/Cable but currently pay £10.00 per month for Orange Home Broadband.

I'm four months into my BR and am not subject to an IPA/IPO.

A chappy on the street and approached me who works selling Sky T.V packages. He told me about there current offer which is £19.50 per month which includes home broadband and two t.v packages. I explained that I am currently BR and he said that Sky dont mind and my just restrict my Pay per view T.V services (Football obviously - no jokes here please!!) until I prove myself to them. Apparently Sky is paid monthly up front and if I didn't pay my monthly D.D they would just stop my account.

My question is am I allowed to join Sky during BR and what would the OR say when my case is reviewed at somepoint in the future?

Thank you in advance of any replies

Carl

Blackie
forum expert

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2010 :  22:42:01  Show Profile  Visit Blackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hiya Carl

There is no problem about you joining Sky so long as you can afford it. You did the right thing by telling them that you are bankrupt and the rules do state that you cannot get credit over £500 witrhout telling the person to whom you are applying for credit that you are bankrupt. However you are responsible for all debts incurred after you make yourself bankrupt so just be warned and decide whether you can afford the bills.

All the best

John Blackadder
Go to Top of Page

carl

115 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2010 :  15:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Blackie – I was all for doing it until I have read some of the forum questions on here about the new IPA/IPO rules from 1st December 2010 which are news to me!!. The ast thing I want to do is sign up for Sky and for it then not to be allowed – even though its only an extra £9 per month

Following my telephone interview I am not subject to an IPA/IPO due to not having enough DI. After my interview I was never actually told what my DI figure was and what they had allowed/not allowed for my expenditure. I have continued to pay all my Direct Debits as they were and thought nothing else of it until today!!

Guess I’ll be like a lot of people on here and will have to wait for the OR to contact me.

thanks again

Carl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page