Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 we sent our keys back to the mortgage provider
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

annette.72
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2011 :  21:56:49  Show Profile  Visit annette.72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we sent our keys back to the mortgage provider last april and the property didnt tkae very long to sell . i am applying for bankruptcy on the 24th march it do i have to write this down in my bankruptcy forms even though our house was recently sold .
we where sent nothing to say the house had been sold is this common practice .

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  08:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Annette, welcome to the forum.

Yes, you will need to pop the details of this property and any potential debt on your forms.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  09:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Viki.W

Hi Annette, welcome to the forum.

Yes, you will need to pop the details of this property and any potential debt on your forms.

thank you for your reply im just getting the hang of this forum all though ive been reading it for the last 2 years myself and my husband have struggled for the last 4 years robbing peter to pay paul im only now able to pay for the bankruptcy due to my mother paying for me i am very grateful she is doing this and had to swollow alot of pride along this horrible journey.

we moved out of our house last april and are now renting sent the keys back at the end of april too to the mortgage company but never recieved any info or letter to say that the house was on the market and then sold .
my husband is unable to go for bankruptcy at the same time as me due to not having the funds we have a cheap run around (car) that he is selling but just our luck some one decided to back into it at the back of where my husband works and drive off so now we are also left with that to pay for too ....i tell you its a wonder ive not lost my hair through all the stress .
i know we will still recieve knocks at the door because my husband cant do the bankruptcy yet but at least we are half way there .

Edited by - fattypatty on 14 March 2011 09:57:36
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  09:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i am unsure of filling these papers in for bankruptcy and need free advice can i post on here or do i need to phone cab?
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  10:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI FP

welcome to forum, you are welcome to post on the forum and ask questions

Most of us will try to be supportive and help.

Everyones circumstances are slightly different, so the advice will tend to be generic rather than exact (edit after post)

The rules and regs for Bankruptcy are not black and white subsequently they are open to vast range of interpretations.

If your case is slightly complex or you have specific areas thast are not covered in general threads, I would suggest contacting one of the experts direct.

what court are you considering going too ? one of the many posters may be able to share experiences

good luck Richard

Edited by - Richard P on 14 March 2011 10:11:21
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  12:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i am due to go to boston court in lincolnshire any help would be most helpful as i am quite worried about going .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page