Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Post BR queries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2012 :  15:28:57  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, Mazz here with a few questions.

I was made BR on Thursday 9 August & had a short chat with the OR by phone from the local office,who was really nice, on the following Monday. She said she had no interest in my bank account (Natwest basic) so will the bank still be told ?

Also will all utilities be told ? I could not afford to pay out deposits. I have read that BT will not provide services to a bankrupt until discharged so I would lose my phone line & internet. What about my landlord, a housing association & my rent is guaranteed as it is paid by benefit as is coulcil tax.

The OR only seemed interested in my one assett, my car, which is worth about £300 & I live in the middle of nowhere.

On the Wednesday I had a letter fom the head office with a load of forms to fill in & to say that in view of the information I have already given there is no need to interview me further at this time. Does that mean I get to keep the car or are they are stil investigating me ?

Right now I feel as if I`m going to end up with no home, no car, no bank account & no utilities !

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2012 :  15:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forgot to say that my accounts with all utilities & the bank have always been run well & never been a problem.

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2012 :  15:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mazz,

Your home should be fine and it sounds as though your car will be as well. If you are already with BT then I think you should be ok. I don't think they are told but I do stand to be corrected on that one.

The only utility company I know of that could cause problems are British Gas and that is only because they regularly trawl the register. What they tend to do is close the account you have and open another one. I don't think you will need any deposits.

Your bank account should be ok as well. If you do have any problems then you can open a basic account with the Co-op who are very BR friendly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page